New here!

Hi there :teeth:

Registered on the 350z-tech site and thought I might register here too seeing that it's a bit closer localities etc ? B)

Got my Z a week ago came in from JPY... very good nick! a 2003 GT model... (I think)

Some mods but don't really know what they are, in some need of TLC... Window on driver side does not close when using automatic up (goes up fully then down 1/4)... think the fix for that is reset the motor, clean motor, get new motor (go figure). Other issue is when it's warm and you start the car it dies if you dont tap the accelerator (once it comes down from 1k rpm). Fix for that was air filter (really BAD), if not air filter then MAF sensor (clean)... I did both (took out the filter just to test since my Apexi one will take another week to arrive.

Love the car! Have a Zees exhaust (end pipes) on it... love the sound. Started doing a mod's roadmap :D

Anyway live in IRE/Dublin... hope to spend some time in here and help and get some help with millions of Q's that I will have (after I use the search function button!)

:scare:

Currently looking for:

New front tyres, tracking for 4 wheels

Service (Oil and Oil filter change)

Replacement ECU (Haltech?)

New Test pipes

Borla True Dual Exhaust

Air intake (going for apexi slip-in for now)

Plenum spacers

Going to leave it in for a general health check :thumbs:

Want to do:

fix the radio

get rid of the antenna in the back

:headhurt:

:welcome: to the forum!

I get the window drop thing on my JDM.. sounds stupid but did you know that the windows only go up automatically if you pull the switch hard? If you pull it lightly it goes up manually and stays. I cant be arsed to take apart the doors etc for the sake of a light pull on the switch;)

Hi mate. Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Looking like a tasty want-list but I'd give the test pipes a miss as you'll lose loads of torque. Borla's an interesting choice of exhaust - why that?

Loose torque :byebye: why is that?

Borla True Dual = very cost effective compared to Amuse T1 True Dual like 2.5k € in a difference!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:10 pm Post subject:

Welcome to the forum!

I get the window drop thing on my JDM.. sounds stupid but did you know that the windows only go up automatically if you pull the switch hard? If you pull it lightly it goes up manually and stays. I cant be arsed to take apart the doors etc for the sake of a light pull on the switch;)

Actually found that out today going into work! :yahoo:

Still it should work and doesn't look to hard to take it apart. Did you fix your speed-limit and radio? (how if you did, which route did you take..)[/b]

Thanks for the :welcome: 'S

it's been proven on dyno's with test pipes, better getting high flow cats, at least then you don't have to remove them come MOT time

So we are talking loss in compression or something? mmm weird... Dont understand why that would be even if its proven (sorry) :teeth:

Hi mate. Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Looking like a tasty want-list but I'd give the test pipes a miss as you'll lose loads of torque. Borla's an interesting choice of exhaust - why that?

Loose torque :byebye: why is that?

Borla True Dual = very cost effective compared to Amuse T1 True Dual like 2.5k € in a difference!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:10 pm Post subject:

Welcome to the forum!

Actually found that out today going into work! :yahoo:

Still it should work and doesn't look to hard to take it apart. Did you fix your speed-limit and radio? (how if you did, which route did you take..)[/b]

Thanks for the :welcome: 'S

The radio just has a band shifter on it - gives the wrong numbers on the display but i think they are only like £12!

Was going to get the speed limiter sorted but to be honest I dont want to drive it any faster than it goes now! All you need is a HKS SLD (speed limiter defense) only about £150 i think!

Let me know how the window reset goes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...