Super unleaded

SAFC99

After been well beaten by an M3 when i was running on 95 octane fuel, i started putting tesco 99 octan in. I went for a drive to the lakes with my 2 friends in there M5 and M3's, the zed performed much better keeping up with the M3, although he was still pulling away their wasnt much in it. USE 99 OCTANE its much better for the zed!

it says 98 octane only, so thats where the figures come from, i have seen it when i first raced my mate in his M3 he raped me i would say about 30 bhp less on 95. When i put 99 in i kept up with him much better so there is a good difference!

Manual says it must be run on 98 (super) at all times. Should only use 95 (std unld) in emergencies and then only half a tank, filling up with 98 asap.

The system log/ECU will probably record what your using and warranty claims could be refused if you use 95 on a regular basis bearing in mind what Nissan can be like under big warranty issues. They've put it in the manual for a reason, even if the reason is just to get out of big engine claims.

:headhurt:

Manual says it must be run on 98 (super) at all times. Should only use 95 (std unld) in emergencies and then only half a tank, filling up with 98 asap.

The system log/ECU will probably record what your using and warranty claims could be refused if you use 95 on a regular basis bearing in mind what Nissan can be like under big warranty issues. They've put it in the manual for a reason, even if the reason is just to get out of big engine claims.

:headhurt:

I have tried Tesco 99 but now refuse to use Tesco fuel. Don't know if it's UK wide but their tactics on petrol pricing are often aimed at driving up the local price to the maximum level possible.

You will NEVER see Tesco lead the way on price - profit maximisation is their aim.

I have tried Tesco 99 but now refuse to use Tesco fuel. Don't know if it's UK wide but their tactics on petrol pricing are often aimed at driving up the local price to the maximum level possible.

You will NEVER see Tesco lead the way on price - profit maximisation is their aim.

Buts its always cheaper than Shell!

(And Shell has produced two "super" formulations that ruined engines)

Read on another web site that the ecu is optimized at 98 ron does this mean anything above is not worth it?

I think all 350z have variable valve timing, which in theory means they can use higher octane fuel, however the standard ECU is probably not mapped for it. So you are correct, if you put in higher than 98RON it wont do anything. Less will me timing retardation (think thats what its called) and a slight loss of power.

always used optimax.

Heard the other day why there is differences between main performance brand petrols and the supermarket ones. The main brand additives are added in precise measurements in a lab where the supermarket version literally gets added in the tanker in rough amounts. I'd be thinking twice about supermarket petrols as some additives in the wrong amounts can be harmful

Never use normal unleaded such as 95 ron. You will suffer pinking and potential detonation which can damage your engine permanently!! I have always used Tesco 99 ron fuel for years as our local was one of the first and it has always performed brilliantly with my cars. All fuel is shipped many miles across the world and have equal amounts of the same chemicals. The profit margin is just far far lower for Tesco hence it is much cheaper than big "brand" rivals like BP (very expensive and only 97 ron) and Shell but the product itself is near enough identical. You're just paying more for the same thing. Higher rated ron will result in more power but only depending on what your ecu is set up for. In the case of the 350 it is set up for 98. You will suffer power and performance loss if you put lower rated ron fuel in, and can be around 20+bhp loss if you put poor quality 95 ron in according to some rolling road tests. Turbo cars will get far better gains by putting higher rated ron fuel in.

always used optimax.

Heard the other day why there is differences between main performance brand petrols and the supermarket ones. The main brand additives are added in precise measurements in a lab where the supermarket version literally gets added in the tanker in rough amounts. I'd be thinking twice about supermarket petrols as some additives in the wrong amounts can be harmful

It's called V Power these days Pops ! :lol:

always used optimax.

It's called V Power these days Pops ! :lol:

:lol: