What MPG???

AndySpak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IanS - I reset the mpg computer on my driveway and took the reading after I'd parked up. So it included the short journey from my house to the M62 and the 15 mile journey from J10 of the M1 to Harfield (hence avoiding all the roadworks...)

I don't think I could do it again. It took ages to get there and the roads were so quiet. Cruising at 100 smiles per hour would have been easy last night. I was glad that I could get back this afternoon without having to stop to fill up mind :thumbs:

Good work that :thumbs:

Very impressive

Just completed an experiment on fuel over a few months will post separately but reset it yesterday and then did 100 miles and got this

01a9e446b7bd4275a20c1045247e98e9.jpg

More than a bit scary ? hard to read but shows 2.1 !

Something wrong somewhere !

Been hovering around 18-19mpg ever since I had the car (just over a week now). Had to go to Bristol today, sat on the M4 for an hour each way cruising at 75 and the highest I got was 25.2 and it was still rising.

So quite impressed really as that's better than the GTO and not much lower than my crappy beemer was getting. :)

Will you be at JTS?

Damn I'd love to but I gotta work up in Sheffield all next weekend. Not looking forward to it but it's worth a big wodge of cash that will go towards paying off the car loan (correction, paying off the depreciation that is!). :lol:

All you lot talking in metric, km/l etc. God you make me feel old. Always worked in mpg, always will! :)

I did an 1100 mile round trip to the ring a few weeks back did 7 laps while i was there, cruised around 95 average, 120 in places, and averaged just under 23.84mpg for the whole trip. well chuffed with that, used 210 liters of fuel all super as well.

Ando.

I did an 1100 mile round trip to the ring a few weeks back did 7 laps while i was there, cruised around 95 average, 120 in places, and averaged just under 23.84mpg for the whole trip. well chuffed with that, used 210 liters of fuel all super as well.

Ando.

Just nicked this vid from your site:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... &plindex=2

:scare::scare:

Ando.

Nasty. :surrender:

Ando.

Nasty. :surrender:

Very :scare::surrender:

• 3 weeks later...

If you fold your wing mirrors in when going at speed it helps a bit. Notice they are quite aerodynamic folded in. Who are you looking at anyway?

( I should replace those air catchers with cameras, and put a screen where the satnav normally goes)

I can't help thinking that the big number plate mount on the front throws out some of the aerodynamics - it would probably be better to have the number plate on a sticker.

Also those Scooby Doos and TTs that suddenly appear next to you and want to try and burn you off don't help much.

( It'd be rude not to oblige them by showing them your exhausts. )

You almost need a sign saying >>

Yes my car is much faster than yours - I am not racing you today... and the next time you pull up at the lights throw them a fiver to show them how much you have saved by not racing them. :D

Top Gear's new series ( 11 ) first show was funny last night - where they put a gallon of fuel into loads of supercars and raced them until they ran out of petrol. ( 1.7 miles for the Ferrrari I think )

I don't know if it's my driving or fuel grade seems a little better since the fuel prices have started to raise, but I travel 50 miles a day to get to work and I was averaging 10.8 km/l - the last 2 weeks I've been getting 12.5 km/l

If my calculations are correct that's about 34 mpg, poor Zed has taken a beating since I've had it. Done 6,000 miles in 4 months.

52 plate started with 34,000 on the clock, now hit 40,000.

I love my Zed wouldn't change or swap for any thing... Toyota Prius? :yawn:

I think it makes a big difference to fuel economy if you drive steadily, although it's not as much fun!

I hardly go on motorways over here in Ireland, but I still tend to get 26mpg with a mixture of steady and swift driving on country roads.