South Wales Drive Out - Sun 16th July

davey_83

350z & 370z Club Summer Drive Out 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

received_9911417120626452.jpeg.a6fd9b3bd04fca2889323601797307ad.jpeg

Join us to tour of some of the best driving roads in the country, its completely free to join - all you have to do is turn up and enjoy.

Be sure too add your name if you actually intend on coming. As it helps to know numbers before we set off, so no one is left behind - it happens.

South Wales Black Mountain Drive Out 

Date:
Sunday 16th July

Time:
9:30am

Drive time:
Circa 3hours not including stops and lunch.

To kickstart the event, we will gather in Abergavenny for a brief meet & greet, capturing some memorable pics before embarking on our journey. The route has been carefully curated to include numerous picturesque spots along the way where we can pull over and indulge in photography. 

As the drive concludes, we will reconvene back in Abergavenny after lunch in Builth Wells. Having the PayByPhone app and some loose change is advised.

** Worcestershire Pre Meet

Roadchef Strensham M5 Southbound

Worcester 

WR8 0BZ

Time 8:15am

The official start location will be posted up 24 hours before the event.

1. davey_83

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 2

2.5 hours and 148 miles to the starting point. Thats a 6AM start like North Wales and Peak District. 

Ill have a look as working that weekend. What time you reckon will return to Abergavenny? If its 2-3pm can get back to London for 6pm and still make it to work 🤣 

Late lunch is planned for 2 - 3pm in Builth Wells if that helps at all.

And if history is anything to go by, you'll no doubt leave last from the start point and get there ahead of everyone 😁

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lool ill remember its not wacky races or cannonball run. I think if it was a run over a few days ie Europe I would probably have a walkie talkie. 

Ill try stick with the group 😂. If i can get the Saturday and Sunday off can make it. Ideally would be nice to have had it on the following weekend 

1 hour ago, HEADPHONES said:

I'm officially free for this:teeth:

Just got to plan a stop for fuel somewhere near the pre meet seeing as it's about 2hr drive for me to get there.

Abergavenny itself has a Shell, BP and Esso, I might put a slash in there or wait till the end of the day and top up before travelling back home. 

5 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

I'm officially free for this:teeth:

Just got to plan a stop for fuel somewhere near the pre meet seeing as it's about 2hr drive for me to get there.

My brother drove from Carlisle to London about 5 hours i think on single tank in 350Z and still had a bit left. Theres a chance they might have decent price

Edited by GranTurismoEra

On 18/06/2023 at 18:49, HEADPHONES said:

My zed went into the garage Friday.

Preparing for Wales with a full service and MOT,

First aircon regas in 18 years.

Replacing the remaining 4 original coil packs just in case as 2 failed this year.

Cool. Should be good. Hopefully ill have the exhaust fitted. Its arrived! Are you going direct? or staying nearby overnight?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

Black mountain pass is awesome. Did it last year with a buddy. Need to be wary of the rocks on the inside when heading up. Puncture central if you hit one.

Plenty fun to be had in low gears. Doubt you'll be able to reach any scary speeds, especially when in a convoy.

Ive seen some videos and people have taken the **** in the past. It looked tight in some areas that demand 20mph. I think ill be keeping distance as those rocks can get air borne going uphill 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Apparently Average Speed cameras 40 mph on some roads up. Theres no barrier on some areas with high drop points. I guess it will be more sight seeing this one 😎

Cheers fella, not going that far West - route yet to be disclosed 😉

• Like 1