Ace Cafe Sat 30th September 11am-4pm

AmyZed

Hi all, I have had a chat to Ace Cafe and they can offer us Sat 30th Sept for 350z/370z uk owners club meet from 11am - 4pm. 

It’s always been a great venue for us to catch up and gather so will be a shame to stop attending. 

However, I think (please someone confirm or deny)! That the ULEZ £12.50 charge will be in action. I want to continue to support the Ace and I’m willing to pay the charge for this, but I need to be able to try and get a good turn out for Ace to support them. If I can’t get that then it’s best to cancel the meet and let another club take it! 

Please let me know if you’d like to attend and your reg by 1st July 2023 so then if I need to cancel it gives Ace Cafe a bit of time to find another club to have it, 

thank you 

1) AmyZed FA51 AMY

• Like 4

Good luck Amy. Thanks for picking this one back up from me . I hope you get the required support and commitment that has sadly been lacking the last 2 years. Well done. 
Martin 

1) AmyZed FA51 AMY

2) The Bounty Bar Kid T8BKD (as long as you don't mind a porker joining)
3) vlad_kfv FD07EPF

Thanks for organising this, Ace is great!

You're right about the ULEZ expansion, but as far as I know the emissions requirements do not change, and Zeds are compliant. I've had three Zeds within the ULEZ and never been charged. My '03 DE was fine, although it was only Euro3 - they're assessing NOx output, which means lots of older cars are compliant. Ferrari Modena is ok, but a 1700cc Ford Puma isn't!

For peace of mind, you can quickly check your reg on the TfL gov website.

• Like 1

ULEZ is still going ahead despite protests. Being contested in the courts. 370Z is Euro 4/5 so shouldn't be affected. 350Z however is Euro 3/4. Best put your plate number in the site below as ULEZ goes ahead in August. I put a 2004 in and it said it was all clear. Currently ULEZ goes up to North and South Circular. It will end up expanding to M25. 

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/ULEZ Check

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

ULEZ is still going ahead despite protests. Being contested in the courts. 370Z is Euro 4/5 so shouldn't be affected. 350Z however is Euro 3/4. Best put your plate number in the site below as ULEZ goes ahead in August. I put a 2004 in and it said it was all clear. Currently ULEZ goes up to North and South Circular. It will end up expanding to M25. 

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/ULEZ Check

Not all the way to the M25. I'm within it but outside the ulez expansion zone

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2023 at 22:21, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

@AmyZed quickie question, as I won't be in a Zed, will I still be allowed to park in their carpark (to the side so all zeds are together) or will I have to park outside on the main road?

Hiya, I can hold some spaces for non Zeds unless we get 50 Zeds which may not happen, so think should be fine 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi all, with just 4 Zeds (one being my own) signed up, unfortunately I will cancel the 350z / 370z Ace Cafe 2023 meet and let the venue release the date for another car club in hope they can fill it. It was worth a try to see if we could attend though as it’s a great location and I personally love the friendly atmosphere and the food. Maybe next year :) 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Hi Amy I am very sorry to hear you have decided to cancel although I was sort of expecting it after attending the last one Martin organised when I think only 7 of us turned up despite many more having put their names down to attend. It is an iconic venue which I remember with fond memories from my previous motorcycling days, but congratulations for trying.

• Like 1

I arranged it for 5 years up to last year and never got close to 30 Pete. Nice if we did but didn’t get that many until back in the day before I took over from

Amyzed.. 

• Like 1

Sadly 34 down to attend, 21 showed. Normal form . I am not a moderator buddy , I am the  South East REO so have no authority to help you . Happy to be called young at the age of 56.😂

Edited by Payco