Engine bay clean

D350z

I should have done it years ago but I diddn't. I've finally got rid of 15 years of grime under the bonnet. The greasy, sticky, oily stuff thas was coating everything certainly kept it all corrosion free.
I'm going to tackle the underneith of the car next. My car is completely stock with fairly low mileage and I've decided to keep it that way. I love it just the way it is. The prices seem to be rising a bit for an unmodified 350z so I'll hang onto it for a few more years and enjoy some fair weather driving :)

350z.jpg

Edited by D350z
  • Like 6

Okay, okay. I've reset the cap positions and alligned everything N,S,E,W as you guys have pointed out. It's in for a Waxoil treatment next, then I'll tidy up the interior with replacement parts from Z Man Alex and finally it will get a partial respray in September 😋

Once that is done I'll have a really tidy, unmodified 350z on low mileage to enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 15/07/2022 at 10:43, D350z said:

Okay, okay. I've reset the cap positions and alligned everything N,S,E,W as you guys have pointed out. It's in for a Waxoil treatment next, then I'll tidy up the interior with replacement parts from Z Man Alex and finally it will get a partial respray in September 😋

Once that is done I'll have a really tidy, unmodified 350z on low mileage to enjoy.

Good to hear mate I’m not quite sure what we started here! 

on  another note I’ll have to say wax oil isn’t what I’d go for rust prevention tbh you’ll also see a lot of member on here steer clear tbh, I take it you’ve done some reading up on it? 

bilt hamper and dinotrol have been some of the betters I’ve seen but completely your choice 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the heads up. Waxoil was what I used on my MG and Alfa Romeos back in the day but I’m happy to use any make of treatment. I’m sure the local garage that will be spraying it on will be happy to us any make. I’ll do some research, It doesn’t get treated until next Saturday.

I’ve had a look under the car and it’s really clean. Even the W brace is still black with paint and not rusty on the edges. It’s definitely been treated before and there is evidence of previous under body gunge.