At last, I am a 350z owner!

Hi all!

I have owned my 2002, 350Z Japanese import for a month now - I bought it off a friend who had owned it for 13 years. There were a few things that needed fixing, and I have been going through those one by one. So what I have done so far:

• Had the spolier resprayed as that was peeling - it was an afermarket one, and the lacquer was coming off
  • Had the brake calipers sprayed red, whilst 1) was being done.
  • The car had Wedssport alloys, relaced the corroded wheel caps with new Wedssport ones, and also replaced the stock wheel bolts with Wedssport ones also
  • Replaced the stereo (an already single aftermarket one) with a Pioneer system with Android Connect - also replaced the stock front speakeres with Kenwood ones.
  • Replaced the boot struts
  • Replaced the boot springs that help the boot to pop open
  • Replaced the stock auto gear shift with an aluminium one
  • Fixed the driver window that would not close on auto click - it was coming back 1/2 way down. Took panel off, and followed reset instructions
  • Replaced a few bulbs inside the car that were not working
  • Windscreen wiper motor changed
  • Personalised number plate

I have a few questions on 4) - I will make a post as rear speakers not working, and on looking tweeters are not there. I also have a question on 6) as I was expecting it to 'pop' more!

car.jpg

springs.jpg

stereo.jpg

lights.jpg

struts.jpg

np.jpg

wheel.jpg

spoiler.jpg

car1.jpg

Edited by Chris Wilkins
  • Like 2

Thanks guys.

Yea, knowing the history of the car has been great. He imported it from Japan and it came into the UK via North Wales. There is a Japanese Sat-Nav system installed that works, but obviously does not work here in the UK. He put on the Alloys. The spoiler was already on when he got it.

There are 2 holes in the tweeter speaker bays - but looking today there is nothing behind the driver one at least - there is a wire but not sure it is a speaker one...see pic.... 

20210712_173730.jpg

Edited by Chris Wilkins

Welcome and nice Zed.

Now, I'm not the most knowledgeable but from what I've read there's never too much pop to the boot. If all is well it pops and you can lift it open. Other wise, if the springs are gone you have to press the release multiple times.

I see you have a spoiler on it, I'm not sure how much weight the stock struts can deal with but it might be that you require stronger struts.