Fusso Coat - anyone heard/recommend it?

Buckley

Now I’ve got my Z back I thought about booking it in for a full detail, they’ve told me the wax they’ll use is Fusso Coat, never heard of it before but the detailer has got good reviews so I’m in two minds.

Any thoughts?

id love to do it myself but I’m on nights next two shift patterns so won’t have time unfortunately

People rave about it, PTFE based so very good water repellency properties and lasts about 12 months. Not the best in their range for gloss so it depends on what you’re looking for. If ceramic is off the cards it’s the next best thing for durability. 

Soft99 Fusso is the wax I have.

It had good reviews online.

Beads well.

I can't comment on 12 months durability because like many others here I can't go long without wanting to put some kind of LSP in the paint:blush:.

Waxing is a treat for me as I only really get time to do it a couple times a year.

I hate waxing unless the paint has had a deep clean first.

Application and buffing off is hard work and grabby with Fusso otherwise.

To be honest waxing the car isn't where the hard work is at, I would be asking what polish and process he is using? Assuming its being decontaminated/clayed etc. 

I use Fusso Soft99 but in reality its no different to the Dodo Juice Supernatural and Victoria Concours waxes I used before. 

I've got the Soft99 light version. It's alright. As Coldel says, it's all in the prep like most things. Some waxes are easier to work with than others. At the moment I'm using Dodo juice light fantastic because it's easy on & off.

And tbh if you’re paying for a pro detail, don’t muck around and get a ceramic coating instead. It’s a billion times better than any wax, and actually lasts unlike a wax (12mths my arse, never found one to be of any use after 3 at the absolute most and that’s with serious prep and thought into it too!). 

Can’t really go wrong with the SC range tbh, but ask what the detailer in question prefers to use. 

Basically all of that ^^^^

Its a decent hybrid sealant/wax (1000p is better, there I said it), but I wouldn’t pay someone else to apply it.

If you’re paying a detailer, and if they’re worth their salt, go for the best SiO2 coating of whatever brand they affiliate with.

Not going to lie to you, if the best they can offer is Fusso I would question whether it’s worth paying them at all...

https://youtu.be/cxSSlxDTBWM

I’ve inserted a link to the rather entertaining promotional video displaying their 12 month claim, based on the premise of washing twice monthly. Real life results would also back this up, provided people know how to maintain their paint properly. I’m not a Soft99 fanboy (I’ve only only used King of Gloss) but I feel I should interject when the durability is questioned without basis. Reason being as above, it’s fluorine based and synthetic rather than naturally occurring wax products. 

16 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

If you’re paying a detailer, and if they’re worth their salt, go for the best SiO2 coating of whatever brand they affiliate with.

Not going to lie to you, if the best they can offer is Fusso I would question whether it’s worth paying them at all...

Having said that, as we’ve all said above, if you’re going to the effort and expense to have your car professionally detailed then get it ceramic coated. If they’re only offering Fusso then I would question if they’re just a “£150 quick mop” operation or if it’s just their lowest package. 

Not sure I would ever read much into a company 'reviewing' its own product :shrug:

I have used this stuff as well as a number of other waxes over the years and am pretty meticulous in terms of caring for my car (I would say at last count I have about 60 bottles of various car care products in the cupboard) and it doesn't return what they are showing. Maybe I am just a bit crap at it or they could be just showing us what they want us to see ;)

Edited by coldel

It's one of the more durable waxes, no doubt (FK1000P is still better though) but I've never seen it last more than 8 months myself and that's under optimal conditions.

OP; if the detailer in question hasn't even asked what you're after before stating what products they'll be using, then go elsewhere.

If, on the other hand, you asked for a wax then Fusso is durable but doesn't give the best finish - i.e. you won't have the same warm, deep, wet look that you get with carnauba waxes, nor the gloss you get from better sealants (let alone the incredible gloss you get from coatings). It is a reasonable compromise between looks and durbility though.

Personally, I wouldn't be paying anyone else to apply a wax for me as it just doesn't represent good value for money.