370z GT to 370z Nismo?

LJS94

1 hour ago, hmale4yu said:

Since the "fanged" pre-facelift, I think the Nismo Mk2 is the only variant that "solves" the gaping rectangular  front end that even the 350z had tbh.

Although the inspiration may have come from this! 

2016-Koenigsegg-Regera.jpg

Much prefer that over the nismo 

May be of interest but the Mk2 has a different exhaust to the Mk1 in terms of manufacteres - 

V1 = Autech
V2 = HKS

I think Nismo bidded out the contract to whoever could make them cheap in enough as both exhausts are the same spec although some have reported a slight sound difference in stock form 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2021 at 10:42, ShortPaul said:

I came from a 350z de to a fresh out of the box nismo and the difference is night and day, the fake v6 soundtrack isn't that annoying i think it can be deleted 

IMG_20200912_145035.jpg

Paul - I'm considering transferring one of my "on retention" plates onto my 370Z Nismo. The likely option is just five characters like yours, enabling a reduced width plate. Not a problem with the rear, but my current full size front plate sits within the standard plinth. How have you fixed yours? I can't quite make it out from the photo.

Looks good by the way...  

Edited by Loadmaster

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

do you think its possible to put a smaller plate on the central grey lip at the bottom of the bumper?  Maybe glued on 

If you're going to go to those lengths you might as well get a plate flipper and the bumper holes filled. 

Nothing worse then seeing a relocated plate and two great holes in the bumper 

10 hours ago, Olly350z said:

If you're going to go to those lengths you might as well get a plate flipper and the bumper holes filled. 

Nothing worse then seeing a relocated plate and two great holes in the bumper 

I did look at the magnetic plate option and filling the holes in my bumper. Then glueing on some magnets to the rear of the bumper.

It seems easy enough, but its not always that simple. Anyone done this before?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/03/2021 at 22:00, davidv10 said:

I did look at the magnetic plate option and filling the holes in my bumper. Then glueing on some magnets to the rear of the bumper.

It seems easy enough, but its not always that simple. Anyone done this before?

See the number plate relocation thread

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

On 16/01/2021 at 00:02, LJS94 said:

Good idea, but then I'm just spending thousands I'll never get back, when I could just buy a nismo and relax.... Or mod that as well knowing me

Mark 1 Nismo based in Scotland has been on Autotrader for around 7 months. Hes listed it at 25k lol. I think hes just cheesed off at the timewasters. I think an offer of 17k see what he says. There are also a few mark 2 slightly overpriced though. Thats if youre still looking

6 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Mark 1 Nismo based in Scotland has been on Autotrader for around 7 months. Hes listed it at 25k lol. I think hes just cheesed off at the timewasters. I think an offer of 17k see what he says. There are also a few mark 2 slightly overpriced though. Thats if youre still looking

As a ref point my 2018 Mk2 17k miles was valued £22k Part Exchange by a dealer (Mk2 2018> have the updated clutch, darkened rear lights, door handles), non modified, 1 owner, Storm White.

I think these will fetch £24-25 private sell correct me if I'm wrong? 

I don't forsee Nismos dropping from 2022 onwards as they become rare unlike the standard car. So unlikely to buy a Mk2 Nismo low miles sub £20k from 2022>

I am thinking I might end up holding onto the Nismo for that reason although there is a certain practicality smaller cars bring in an age where we can't make use of our cars, increased charges and idiots moped riders making things worsen in the years to come

More and more are ending up on ebay for scrap. Im not implying it will become a rare classic anytime soon. Looking at the very least 20+ years for that.

Anyone looking for one now can still negotiate. Imagine someone took me up when I had mine up for 17999. I think now its no longer in production I reckon you can only get good deals for a short period of time ie now before summer and possibly again this winter.

• Like 1