Lab grown meat.

stanski

Not very appetizing if I am honest would rather go for the plant based stuff if forced to alternatives (although Quorn tends to give me wind).

A particularly worrying statement?

'“It was found to be safe for consumption at the intended levels of use'!!!

There have been conspiracy stories for years about Kentucky Fried Cat growing just the bits they need to sell?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55155741

So if they can be bothered to do this why not enviropetrol.:rant:

Edited by stanski

4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Im sure if it's approved by the necessary governing body, it's perfectly safe :blush:

Exactly just like a 10 month vaccine. It will be fine. 

It's just the thought of meat being created in a lab? Handy for space travel I expect?

We are back to that distopian future?

All we wanted were flying cars, hover boards and nissan 240zs instead we get lab grown meat, social media and a tax on everything in sight for the foreseeable decade. :surrender:

Edited by stanski
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Eddie_r32 said:

Wanna expand on that? What filth do you see on farms? 

I’ve only been on half a dozen, I’m certainly not a regular. But typically any hard surface where cows move through is covered in @*!# afterwards. Indoor winter areas routinely have scrappers pulling @*!# along the floor, they never look spotless after a sweep. If you wanted to get into the safety, which is what the original scare post is angling at, you could throw in BSE and CJD or foot and mouth. Take it a step further into the abattoirs and you could have a look at the excrement that ends up on slaughtered carcasses and the ecoli outbreaks that causes. 

I’m not anti-farmer or anti-meat, but there’s no farm with livestock I’ve been on that was a clean as a lab, and people happily eat the products, myself included. If I dropped half my sandwich on the floor in a lab and the other half in a cowshed in winter, I know which one I’d prefer to finish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stutopia said:

I’ve only been on half a dozen, I’m certainly not a regular. But typically any hard surface where cows move through is covered in @*!# afterwards. Indoor winter areas routinely have scrappers pulling @*!# along the floor, they never look spotless after a sweep. If you wanted to get into the safety, which is what the original scare post is angling at, you could throw in BSE and CJD or foot and mouth. Take it a step further into the abattoirs and you could have a look at the excrement that ends up on slaughtered carcasses and the ecoli outbreaks that causes. 

I’m not anti-farmer or anti-meat, but there’s no farm with livestock I’ve been on that was a clean as a lab, and people happily eat the products, myself included. If I dropped half my sandwich on the floor in a lab and the other half in a cowshed in winter, I know which one I’d prefer to finish.

I have to say my mate used to be a lorry driver for a while, until he was given the job of working for a company that ships chicken produce, live chickens and so on. He survived about 2 months then couldn't face it anymore, think he went veggie after that!! 

But this has always been the way we don't see the end to end process just something in a nice packet on the supermarket shelf. However for me it's not even about that, just the idea they make something in a lab as meat replication rather than a natural process?

It just doesn't sit well with me? I understand the reasons why and of course there are many positives but how long before this becomes the norm and it's obviously going to be cost effective and then the greed kicks in, corners are cut, cheaper initial ingredients are substituted and years later they find it gives people cancer or something?:surrender:

• Like 1

Might as well reduce it down to a pill that tricks your brain to believe you've had a serving of KFC, whilst providing your body with all the proteins and nutrients it needs. Many would choose this synthetic option sadly. 

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Might as well reduce it down to a pill that tricks your brain to believe you've had a serving of KFC, whilst providing your body with all the proteins and nutrients it needs. Many would choose this synthetic option sadly. 

Convenience is a killer literally.