neo

New second-generation 2022 Subaru BRZ

I rather like it, particularly the ass end. Shame the head unit and glove box we’re pulled from a different universe, before being fitted but its not too bad.

I’d buy it. Happily. 

If I’m being honest, can’t say I’m a massive fan of it. Not saying it’s a bad looking car, but doesn’t reach out and grab my attention. 
Tail lights/boot lid just reminds me of the USDM Civics (not sure what Gen) but looking at it that’s just the first thing that comes to mind....Civic. Although can also see some Lexus-esque styling notes too, which again Lexus are nice cars but this is meant to be a Subaru, doesn’t really stand out as one to me. 

Not that my opinion matters as I’ll never be a potential customer buying one new anyway as way out of my budget. But if I was, it wouldn’t be the one I’d be running for, I’d be browsing about for what else is in a similar price range instead.

• Like 1

Exterior design will likely be Toyota, hence the Lexus-lite style I would imagine. 

For a car that handles like a go cart I just think it's let down by the styling. 

I suppose you can say they are being sustainable and environmentally friendly by reusing design elements from about half a dozen cars starting from the mid 90s! 

The interior dash really looks like they went to IKEA in the broken parts section got all the bargain wardrobe units with missing hinges and shoe horned them in the make a glovebox and dash! Sorry looks pants really does. 

It's a filler special keep things going till the next model I suppose?

• Like 1

only getting the 86 in UK. The Subaru had better styling shame it wasnt as popular. Its naturally aspirated again and only 228 hp. The GR Yaris will eat it :lol:.

Its probably toned down because of the 2 liter Supra

Interior is a no no. Looks cost saving

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

only getting the 86 in UK. The Subaru had better styling shame it wasnt as popular. Its naturally aspirated again and only 228 hp. The GR Yaris will eat it :lol:.

Its probably toned down because of the 2 liter Supra

Interior is a no no. Looks cost saving

Why are they not selling in the UK? Is it emissions like with the Jimmy? Why don't they take out the back seat and black out the rear windows call it a van to get around it? :lol:

Not sure I think the Subaru wasnt overly popular. The 86 should still be released in the UK with slightly different styling. 

The rear looks like a Civic/NSX. 

I think the 86 will use a different set up to the Subaru. The Subaru having more power. Possibly a different engine.

Just hope they dont start imposing restrictions on imports

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

It’s emissions based: Subaru don’t sell enough crappy hybrids to offset the CO that the BRZ would put out which would raise their overall CO output. Toyota can do this with ease. 

I can’t believe the new 86 will have a different drivetrain at all compared with the new BRZ. It’ll be a styling and slight suspension change like the early cars (which, btw, I much preferred how the BRZ handled over the 86). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

It’s emissions based: Subaru don’t sell enough crappy hybrids to offset the CO that the BRZ would put out which would raise their overall CO output. Toyota can do this with ease. 

I can’t believe the new 86 will have a different drivetrain at all compared with the new BRZ. It’ll be a styling and slight suspension change like the early cars (which, btw, I much preferred how the BRZ handled over the 86). 

It's a shame about Subaru they kind of lost their way. They had the boy racer rally car of choice (that fetch silly money now) but maybe wanted to get away from that image and were the 4x4 farmers alternatives to the usual Ranges and Volvo estates? My mate has been a lifelong fan, he still has an early Forrester prodrive edition, goes like stink but looks understated. I don't even know the last time I saw a Subaru dealer are they still here?