Lowering + wheel spacers = Better drive?

350tyz

Certainly looks better and even if the drive felt unchanged its a win imo. I added Tein springs and wheel spacers pretty much straight away, however a slightly firmer ride and wider track would make a more stable car.

Depends on your definition of better drive. Lowering will lower your center of gravity is technically should be more stable however you'll sacrifice a bit of comfort as you'll probably feel all the bumps on the road. Spacers should also make it more stable but some reported tram lining.

Where I live here, the road is pretty horrible and i had to go pass few 'traffic calming device' hence lowering is not an option for me. I do have spacers 20mm front, 25mm rear. Feels a little bit more planted but could be placebo....but my main reason for having them is to fill the arches hence mainly for appearance B) 

Lowering with good quality dampers will actually give a better ride than standard in my experience, a 350 invariably benefits from good quality suspension upgrades.

Spacers .......... not sure I agree. Theres no real increase in stability as you arent really increasing track  as all the dynamic components are in the same place, you are increasing your scrub radius though. I had 25mm all round on my Zed and it was great, weirdly I ended up taking off the 15mm spacers I had on to start with as I felt they blunted the front end a bit. 

I've totally given everything back to my lecturer =) but here's a schematic diagram of vehicle dynamics after a quick google search --> https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Schematic-of-Vehicle-Dynamics-Model_fig1_228917982 hence adding spacers will change something but how significant or sensitive your vehicle to 25mm or 20mm spacer could only be answered by the equation which I struggle to locate =) I can't remember but i think there is a sweet spot ie you don't want it to be too wide or too narrow for max. handling.

On the lowering side its also worth considering what you are replacing, a new set of mid-range coilovers compared with OEM 15yr old ~120,000 mile shocks may feel more of an improvement but not so much if swapping out 10yr ~40000 mile shocks etc.

On 01/03/2019 at 14:35, ilogikal1 said:

Spacers = added unsprung weight = detrimental effect on performance.

If you were Lewis Hamilton, you’d be hard pushed tae notice wi a set o spacers, never mind the “occasional” “user”

spacers = stance only, at our level (complete, untrained amateur), no noticeable difference tae performance 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Again, that’s not what was asked. ;)

Given the other thread about fuels and the number of people who “can feel the difference” there, it surprises me more people can’t feel the difference of spacers too frankly. :lol:

Probably the same people who buy throttle controllers ;)