Brexit again

Jetpilot

Can I just say, there’s no embarrassment warranted for voting to exit the EU, you were sold a pup and it’s now led to impending chaos.  The only reason that there isn’t chaos (except in Westminster) is the fact that we’re not out the EU yet.

Can all Brexiteers, please send me all their money, to shorten the process and ensure I survive post leaving the EU please.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The G Man said:

Can I just say, there’s no embarrassment warranted for voting to exit the EU, you were sold a pup and it’s now led to impending chaos.  The only reason that there isn’t chaos (except in Westminster) is the fact that we’re not out the EU yet.

Can all Brexiteers, please send me all their money, to shorten the process and ensure I survive post leaving the EU please.

Phew, i bet you are pretty thankful the Scots didnt end up getting their independence (using that term lightly as they wanted to be in the eu), at least you can blame Westminster/England for the chaos rather than the SNP if your referendum had gone the other way ;)

Edited by Jetpilot

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Phew, i bet you are pretty thankful the Scots didnt end up getting their independence (using that term lightly as they wanted to be in the eu), at least you can blame Westminster/England for the chaos rather than the SNP if your referendum had gone the other way ;)

Just send me your money, it’ll help you to gauge what Brexit will be like for you :thumbs:

dont be so so obsessed with Scottish politics, we get it, you don’t like our politics.  

I see Amber Rudd is now advocating either Norway + or another referendum!  ‘Oh what a lovely war’

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Another serious question for the remainers:

How does Switzerland survive and indeed, thrive in Europe ?

By having banks and Nazi gold. It's like asking how does Norway survive :wacko:

16 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Yep that's fine with me so long as the milk comes from the my mate's dairy farm round the corner instead of Germany

So you'd be totally fine with dairy and meat prices increasing by 20% as an example? How do you think that would impact the poorest people in the country? You think they care from where the food comes? They care, and quite passionately, about not being hungry

15 hours ago, Bullet said:

Don't let Brexit distract you from another potentially huge UN policy about to be signed on the 10th-11th of december  'The global compact on migration'.

Hahaha and Bullet is back in all the intolerant and really badly hidden racist glory. 

Yeah... Let's not forget to focus on preventing people, whose countries we've bombed to oblivion, from going to a different country where bombs, bullets, rape and pillaging isn't a daily occurrence. Also let's not forget that people migrating due to natural disasters, global warming, economic downfall caused by their governments are subhumans and do not deserve a normal life. Let's make sure we fight with all the strength and determination against the first international non binding agreement trying to at least define anything about migration. 

Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot about that. 

Also how are you coping with the fact that EU migration went down for 80% in the UK but that overall migration hasn't changed at all? That just more people from Asia and other continents are coming? 

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Just send me your money, it’ll help you to gauge what Brexit will be like for you :thumbs:

dont be so so obsessed with Scottish politics, we get it, you don’t like our politics.  

I see Amber Rudd is now advocating either Norway + or another referendum!  ‘Oh what a lovely war’

I'll just leave this here :teeth:
Edited by Maggz

7 minutes ago, Maggz said:

So you'd be totally fine with dairy and meat prices increasing by 20% as an example? How do you think that would impact the poorest people in the country? You think they care from where the food comes? They care, and quite passionately, about not being hungry

The poorest households and lower skilled workers voted to leave, which has been well documented. So why dont you ask them why they will be happy to pay 20% (or 5% for balance as its purely circumspect) to leave, or perhaps ask yourself how the EU has helped them as they obviously dont see it that way!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

The poorest households and lower skilled workers voted to leave, which has been well documented. So why dont you ask them why they will be happy to pay 20% (or 5% for balance as its purely circumspect) to leave, or perhaps ask yourself how the EU has helped them as they obviously dont see it that way!

I quoted a statement that we need to support UK farmers and dairy producers, and my question was, even if that means everything is 20% more expensive? 

What that has to do with your poorest households vote is beyond me. You seem to have a problem following a topic...

And the final gem is that the EU is at fault that the UK has poor people? Or is it that were upset the EU doesn't help the poorest people in individual countries? I'm lost....

Edited by Maggz

31 minutes ago, Maggz said:

1 minute ago, Maggz said:

I quoted a statement that we need to support UK farmers and dairy producers, and my question was, even if that means everything is 20% more expensive? 

What that has to do with your poorest households vote is beyond me. You seem to have a problem following a topic...

I answered your question as quoted above was, how will that impact the poorest people, i have highlighted it in case you are confused, so ask them as they voted out which is well documented!

2 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

I answered your question as quoted above was, how will that impact the poorest people, i have highlighted it in case you are confused, so ask them as they voted out which is well documented!

I find it hilarious that you believe your second attempt at explaining your logic was better than the first. 

Sorry, I'm still not following...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The G Man said:

^^^ another non statement really, in support of Brexit

I have absolutely no problem in supporting Brexit and voting to leave, just like you had absolutely no problem in supporting and voting to the leave the UK in the sottish referendum, the only difference is your hypocrisy that it was ok for you, but not for us :thumbs: Your opinion would be way more valid if your standards werent so doubled B)

I’ll try to explain it to jetpilot, the people who felt most disengaged and/or left behind that are the poorest in our rich nation, believed the jobbie that the likes of Farage/BoJo/JRM fed them during the debate, without any form of analysis.

now that the analysis is quite clear, using all tools/models that is available, it has become quite clear that Brexit, is a ridiculous and inept path to follow.

So much so, that the people who are more disadvantaged are now reviewing how they voted back in 2016, when they were promised nirvana by the brexiteer supporting crowd.

Realising now, that it is going to be much, much worse for the poorest, most disadvantaged people in our society, WE, that includes you jetpilot, have a duty to protect them from the ravages of the greedy.

your continued referral to the Scottish Independent referendum is not relevant, as before, we get you are no respecter of Scottish politics, trying to deflect your, obvious, non argumentative and clearly, uneducated opinion on Scottish affairs, while offering NO alternative to the remain case, is not helping your cause.

try convincing those who support remain, that they should support leave, instead of looking for some reaction on your obvious disdain of Scottish politics and/or Scottish people.  This is a Brexit discussion, not a Scottish referendum discussion.  If you want to debate that, start another thread.

As pointed out way earlier in this thread the perceived change of vote is just not the case despite all this "information" to detriment of leaving the EU, it is still very much 50/50, you can research the polls should you choose so all points raised to the negative with regards to the vote are moot, that is factual and not opinion. I am not trying change anyones opinions, again i zero problem if you vote remain.

I have no problem with scottish politics, why should i, it makes zero difference to me, unlike your continued snipes at Westminster and if you dont think the scottish referendum and uk referendum bare any relation to one an another, well, my points are well founded.