The build begins..

D12TEE

11 minutes ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

And I thought mine was low. That looks like it will scrape on cats eyes!

done well to tuck the wheels in though. 

Its erm... Slightly too low.. I may raise the front half an inch for peace of mind.. I need to remove the annoying plastic cover thats dragging around underneath, but i cant hElp but love the stance it gives it.

24 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Moving quick!! Having the mix of 18's and 19's works well on the 350z. Kinda plays with your eyes at first, must look amazing in real life. 

That is FCUKING low for static. Wrap headlamps next?.....

haha, ive been waiting to get the damn wheels on for so long! Something needs doing with the lights for sure.... Whether i tint the lenses or go for the Depo's im not sure though...

Exhausts next though, my flexi's are absolutely fooked..

Edited by D12TEE

What toe arms did you go for in the end? Did you get camber arms and lockout bolts to go with them?

I put Voodoo13 camber and tow arms on the rear along with the same BC true coils yesterday (no photos yet as was in a rush due to having to grind off two of the eccentric bolts and at stock height as dad was shutting up his garage)

Driving around today and the increase in road noise is incredible going from OEM rubber bushes to the solid chromoly ends and bushes :lol: As long as it's defo the solid bushes causing the extra noise I'm fine with that, as long as nothing's broken! (I've double checked everything seems fine) One thing I am going to do next week is put a load of rubber seal stuff between the top of the struts and the turrets to hopefully reduce the noise a bit. Already have the rubber seal so it's a free hit.

Handling is certainly very different, seems to go much more directly where you point the car. More focused.

You know what they say - go hard or go home ;)

Edited by msitpro

4 hours ago, msitpro said:

What toe arms did you go for in the end? Did you get camber arms and lockout bolts to go with them?

I put Voodoo13 camber and tow arms on the rear along with the same BC true coils yesterday (no photos yet as was in a rush due to having to grind off two of the eccentric bolts and at stock height as dad was shutting up his garage)

Driving around today and the increase in road noise is incredible going from OEM rubber bushes to the solid chromoly ends and bushes :lol: As long as it's defo the solid bushes causing the extra noise I'm fine with that, as long as nothing's broken! (I've double checked everything seems fine) One thing I am going to do next week is put a load of rubber seal stuff between the top of the struts and the turrets to hopefully reduce the noise a bit. Already have the rubber seal so it's a free hit.

Handling is certainly very different, seems to go much more directly where you point the car. More focused.

You know what they say - go hard or go home ;)

Being totally honest, i havent even fitted the arms yet.. I was kinda lazy after realising i didnt actually foul on the bucket. But i really do need to change them all over.

How low did you go?

18 minutes ago, Tom_K said:

As said, that is damn low for a static set-up!! I do like that plate holder though, how secure is it in the upright position? Not trying to nit-pick but it looks like it could be a bit wobbly?

It’s surprisingly sturdy, because when it’s upright it’s at a very slight angle... 

On 22/09/2018 at 04:11, D12TEE said:

Being totally honest, i havent even fitted the arms yet.. I was kinda lazy after realising i didnt actually foul on the bucket. But i really do need to change them all over.

How low did you go?

I was in a massive rush and only done rear atm, so I set them at stock height (measured against original shock)

This Thursday I'll put fronts on and set height. I'll probably go somewhere around 20-25mm lower I suspect.

Small little video of it, looking menacing in the rain..

Think my minds been made up that i need to fit the louvres though.... Think it'll finish the exterior styling perfectly with the direction its going.

Edited by D12TEE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, valy said:

...gotta love a black car :D

I just tinted my windows and that made my black Zed look even better,perhaps something you should do as well :teeth:

I think im gonna go the Louvre route over tints.. Needed the kick up the ass to get the rear one sorted anyway!

So, bit of an update..

Im booked in tomorrow for a custom exhaust to try and get it sat up a bit more so i can run the ride height i want without dragging it all over Sussex. Ive got a Stillen Y-Pipe to fit which combats the problem with the flexi's.

Next up is fitting the adjustable arms and getting the tracking and geo sorted, then ill be looking into the getting myself a decent ducktail spoiler.

Shameless photo of it sat on Brighton seafront next to something cooler than the Z.. (Numberplate was put back up after the photo incase the numberplate police decide to come out)

42852878_350943212117203_7294073788348497920_o.jpg

Edited by D12TEE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, valy said:

that is very low for a static dude :scare:...you must be leaving sparks behind every day :lol:

Ive been told a few times that my cars sparking.... Ive learnt to try and avoid main bus routes when driving around town.. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really good day yesterday at Lancing Motor Show, 850+ cars, and a lot of attention by all ages (i'm actually shocked at the interest and attention these things get from 40/50 year olds compared to the younger lot).

Favourite photo from the day..

44117083_737716196568784_7700537729326514176_o.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That ride height is absolutely insane!!!

I had mine sitting with the front arches about 1cm lower than the top of my front tyres - 245/40/18, I have since raised the height 1cm so it's sitting flush because I was scraping my Nismo v2 bumper on the down slope of most speed bumps (admittedly it is a deeper, lower bumper) and scraping my centre section of exhaust, even though it doesn't hang down.

You must be about 4cm lower than that!!! Speed bumps must be an absolute no-go?? You'd get 'beached' surely?

28 minutes ago, msitpro said:

That ride height is absolutely insane!!!

I had mine sitting with the front arches about 1cm lower than the top of my front tyres - 245/40/18, I have since raised the height 1cm so it's sitting flush because I was scraping my Nismo v2 bumper on the down slope of most speed bumps (admittedly it is a deeper, lower bumper) and scraping my centre section of exhaust, even though it doesn't hang down.

You must be about 4cm lower than that!!! Speed bumps must be an absolute no-go?? You'd get 'beached' surely?

tbh, i can do speed bumps, just need to know how to get over them, but yeah, it scrapes a hell of a lot... Camber on the road is bad, catseyes hit the chassis etc.. But it looks good :D

• 1 month later...
Just now, reeceybeaney said:

Really want to see this round the area! Surprised you have kept it so low with the state of our roads :lol:

The roads are a disaster, its painful in places tbh.... Im generally about a lot, but the last few months ive started a new job and back working days, so ill start appearing more in the evenings when the weather starts to get better

4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Car looks great with the tints all round!! Headlamps made a huge difference.

For me, the headlight tint is the biggest change on the car, its such a small detail but makes such a massive difference on the overall look and flow of the front end