Are you happy with your job??

stanski

Are you happy in your current job?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy in your current job?

• Yes
    • No

Following on from Mark W's Employment law question - I just wondered - are you all happy with your jobs?

Ignore the fact that you have to do it for the mortgage and road tax on your Zed and kids and dogs etc - are you actually happy doing your job?

It would be interesting to see?

Stan

I am. I'm a production engineer in the oil and gas industry. I'm in an office working 7 days on and 7 days off! What's not to like!

Just started in this role though after 5 years trailing the world.....

Ask me in a year and I might give a different answer!

14 years with the best employer I could wish for. Love driving the tug, as much fun as the zed. Never had a pay dispute. 2 weeks on/off and the boss has just given me a trip off each year.

crew are great.

The only think that will stop me working is the increased amount of ridiculous admin that increases monthly. The hours are long enough anyway.

At the mo, like the job i'm doing but the people im doing it for ther's another story

I work here http://www.gcsjohnson.co.uk and my job is to organise the routing and permits for abnormal loads, throughout the uk,

its a job where no day is the same, and the feeling i get when i see something like this

DSCF0027.jpg

moving, and without the part i play in it it wouldnt go anywhere!

But its a small family firm, the boss is still firmly in charge, hates computers, objects to spending on anything that doesn't earn money, including office staff!, and unfortunately i tend to get pulled from pillar to post, doing jobs here and there and not getting my original job done.

Dave

At the mo, like the job i'm doing but the people im doing it for ther's another story

I work here http://www.gcsjohnson.co.uk and my job is to organise the routing and permits for abnormal loads, throughout the uk,

its a job where no day is the same, and the feeling i get when i see something like this

DSCF0027.jpg

But its a small family firm, the boss is still firmly in charge, hates computers, objects to spending on anything that doesn't earn money, including office staff!, and unfortunately i tend to get pulled from pillar to post, doing jobs here and there and not getting my original job done.

Dave

i hate my current job :dry:

do you need a driver...............??

I hate my job.

I work 7 days 6am-midnight, then 5 days 9-5.30. Only positives are if there are no calls for me to do I just sit at home playing Xbox all day :)

I once spent a whole week at home on full pay because I had no calls logged that week :teeth:

I've been looking for new jobs for a while but theres not a lot out there that comes close to the money I make here.

I like my job, I work from home a lot, when I go to see customers, the furthest I go is 90 miles (and I only have 10 customers to look after). It pays well and the firm I work for is the market leader in its field.

Its a good job I like it because I don't know what else I could do and earn the same.

DSCF0027.jpg

Dave

Is this Phil's latest shipment to Jay?

I like my job at the moment. Meeting loads of new people, out and about and I can afford to do the things I want. :thumbs:

Thanks everyone - its nice to find out what other people do?

I've been in I.T. 19 years now various companies - worked just about every shift pattern known to man-kind and been made redundant once - best thing that happened to me actually! :p

Current employer is actually the best so far - this job has its moments like every job but on the whole its a good un.

They actually want you to get trained up and pay fairly well - first job I have had that does! :thumbs:

Downside is the 700 miles a week travelling to work and back - this of course eventually effects your home life - draw your own conclusions.

Like some of your comments the admin and politics gets in the way of the job - this is like a cancer eating away inside then one day its time to leave would'nt you agree? :dry:

This country unfortunately still has small minded bosses who will not spend any money at all - Its the lets buy a Ferrari but service it with Asda's own brand £3 a gallon engine oil scenario- just false economy! :headhurt:

I see that the self employed seem to be the happiest so far???

I've wanted my own business for years but its deciding what to do thats the problem - Nothing to do with computers though I hate them! :surrender:

Could not be happier, living my dream of owning a Car Dealership. Wanted to do nothing but this since I got my first matchbox cars as a child. If I won the lottery tommorow I would carry on doing this but with more cars :)

Self-employed since 2001 - best move I ever made having worked for local planning authorities from (well we won't go back that far :blush: )

I limit my income to the VAT threshold to avoid another layer of bureaucracy, having suffered the management/training/accounting/re-inventing-the-wheels courses that drove to me distraction prior to 2001 and meant I bearly had any time to do what was I was trained for. House and cars paid for and I am now thoroughly enjoying working as much as I want - albeit that mostly means I'm in the office 7 days a week buts that more to do with my conscience in making sure my customers get value for money. Yes, I enjoy the way I work now although it can 'heavy' at times but I am part of a network of similar ex- council professionals so we can bounce things off one-another. :)

Love my job too. What else could you do at my age that allows you to flirt with young girls and not get arrested?

Come on Trev we are curious - you cant leave us hanging like that?? ;)

Teacher at Girls boarding school? PE ?? Fitness instructor? Gigalo? :lol:

Love my job too. What else could you do at my age that allows you to flirt with young girls and not get arrested?

Come on Trev we are curious - you cant leave us hanging like that?? ;)

Teacher at Girls boarding school? PE ?? Fitness instructor? Gigalo? :lol:

No perv, they're not that young lol. I'm a uni lecturer - average age of my students is around 19 :D

DSCF0027.jpg

Dave

Is this Phil's latest shipment to Jay?

Actually its stuff going back, after jay's changed his mind!!!

a couple of nuggets about the pic, piece weighed 230tonnes, 16 axle trailer weighs 65 tonnes, so that merc is pulling 295tonnes-ish, more axles than we needed under it, really just there for stability really.

The truck is the biggest in the fleet, 690bhp at the rear wheels, merc officially rate it as good for 300tonnes, we reckon it'll be good for about 500 before the torque converter gets warm,

you want one? 18 month waiting list, delivered, unsignwritten, before we fitted couplings etc, 275K, then we did about 15k of mods, (Sounds like jay again)

Dave

I love my job, in fact, while some of you may understandably disagree, I think it's the best job in the world! Someone once told me "if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life". It's true, while I sit in my nice hotel room in Detroit waiting for my transfer flight to mexico, the anticipation and excitment of the next few weeks is terrific.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a commercial diver. I would normally be working in the North Sea for the oil and gas industry, but the season for air work has yet to kick off. So during the winter months I occupy my time with civil engineering diving. This means I get to spread my wings and travel. I've been to southern India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, a bunch of middle eastern countries, and very soon, Mexico.

Nope, there is no better job that I can honestly think I'd rather be doing :D

I love my job, in fact, while some of you may understandably disagree, I think it's the best job in the world! Someone once told me "if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life". It's true, while I sit in my nice hotel room in Detroit waiting for my transfer flight to mexico, the anticipation and excitment of the next few weeks is terrific.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a commercial diver. I would normally be working in the North Sea for the oil and gas industry, but the season for air work has yet to kick off. So during the winter months I occupy my time with civil engineering diving. This means I get to spread my wings and travel. I've been to southern India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, a bunch of middle eastern countries, and very soon, Mexico.

Nope, there is no better job that I can honestly think I'd rather be doing :D

Someone sent me this recently :lol:

My friend, you are in trouble! What you have here is a bonafide addiction, you're away on holiday and just can't keep off the site I'm not sure if there's any support groups or workshops that can help you here, but I'm starting to worry!

Get off and go and do some sight seeing.

There there, there there. ;)