Stocks/Shares/Trading etc

marzman

Hey guys,

What was that thread called that was 70+ pages long talking about shares? I'm sure it was something like 'The 350z-uk share dealing tips club' and fairly sure it was started by 'Captain'?

I spent 20mins searching for it yesterday but couldn't find it.

I've not traded before but after finally getting on the property ladder a couple of years ago and just sorting out my first re-mortgage I feel now's the time to finally get into the game.

I made my first purchase yesterday - I bought 1.3 Etherium coins (Bitcoin alternative). It's gone up from £18 per coin in March this year to £275 per coin as of today. It's gone up £40 since yesterday so i'm already in the money. :lol:

I'm going to put £1k in Etherium for now, but have a £325 maximum until i've verified my bank account.

A work colleague of mine got in early on Bitcoins in about 2011 I think... just £125. I remember him telling us all about them at a poker night, but no one else got involved. It went quiet for several years and then it spiked and he cashed out for about £1200. If he'd have held them then they'd be worth about £660k today. :surrender:

If we can't find that thread, or its totally out of date, then please feel free to share any tips in here. What site are people using to trade these days?

Edited by marzman

Hey guys,

What was that thread called that was 70+ pages long talking about shares? I'm sure it was something like 'The 350z-uk share dealing tips club' and fairly sure it was started by 'Captain'?

You're correct. ;)

The thread is here but it has been archived due to it's age and the last response date: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/32081-share-dealing-350z-tip-club/

And so inline with that old thread I'm going to add the following statement to this thread;

MODERATOR NOTE:

This thread contains chat and discussion on share dealings and other investment methods. It is NOT to be used as official advice. The posters within this thread and the 350z-uk.com team accept NO responsibility for any losses arising from people choosing to embark on any investment based upon any information they read on this site.

Thanks GM, it was driving me mad. Is there any way that us plebs can search for archived posts, as I do this quite a lot!

I can't believe it's over 4 years since that thread was posted on. It feels like a couple of months.

Thanks GM, it was driving me mad. Is there any way that us plebs can search for archived posts, as I do this quite a lot!

I can't believe it's over 4 years since that thread was posted on. It feels like a couple of months.

Your best bet is to use Google.

Search "350Z UK forum...." followed by the thread name or what you can remember to see if you can find it that way.

That's how I always find them anyway. :D:thumbs:

Out of interest what made you invest in Ethereum? I've been learning how to trade stocks for the past 2 months and still got a long way to go but have been looking at bitcoins recently, and the hype around them at the moment is crazy due to the story of how £100 10 years ago could make you worth £75million today. Ethereum has gone up $200+ in the last month, do you know what made it go up that quick? Hopefully it will keep rising for you :)

Out of interest what made you invest in Ethereum? I've been learning how to trade stocks for the past 2 months and still got a long way to go but have been looking at bitcoins recently, and the hype around them at the moment is crazy due to the story of how £100 10 years ago could make you worth £75million today. Ethereum has gone up $200+ in the last month, do you know what made it go up that quick? Hopefully it will keep rising for you :)

A colleague got the tip on Friday from his business partner in Thailand who's doing pretty well for himself. I'd been on the verge of getting into Bitcoins anyway for some time but this pushed me into Etherium. Haven't read too much into it so far but didn't want to miss the boat so jumped right in rather than reading and deliberating for too long. Good job too - it's gone up 25% since i purchased!

I think anyone can do well, if informed.

BUT it is still gambling.

goodluck.

Yes, but the house doesn't always win. :)

I abhor gambling to be honest and am traditionally very risk averse. Going forward i'll be investing in much less volatile things... this is just a one off so that I dont miss the boat. A couple of my work colleagues have been returning around 20% per year for the last 3 years. :thumbs:

I don't know what I'm doing and I return 5-10% per year. Most of money is in fund accounts so its slightly less risky.

I think its fairly easy most of the time, the nack is getting out before there's a crash as you can lose all the profit you've built up over years in a few hours.

Its very easy to get cocky when your making money from nothing.

• Like 1

I don't know what I'm doing and I return 5-10% per year. Most of money is in fund accounts so its slightly less risky.

I think its fairly easy most of the time, the nack is getting out before there's a crash as you can lose all the profit you've built up over years in a few hours.

Its very easy to get cocky when your making money from nothing.

Where do you trade?

I've been dabbling for a few years now in the AIM / Oil & Gas Market. Current position is £101,000 from an initial £21,000 investment. Hoping to see £320,000 by the end of the year & call it a day :)

• Like 1

It could've gone the other way, they could've plumeted to 400 because the Chinese government declared them non legal tender (already happened). But the bet wouldn't be off so to speak. They will rise again. Who is to say they won't be worth 50k a unit in four years time. I strongly feel it's possible and likely. I'm tempted. If I didn't cash out years ago I would be loaded now.

Il have to look into etherium, I know there are litecoin and other crypto currencies but btc is the gold standard so to speak. My main interest is which platforms or forth coming platforms will take etherium as payment.

If you want to trade crypto, the one to get onto is btc-e.com

Follow prices with bitcoinwisdom.com

I too would be a millionaire now if I'd held every piece of crypto that ever came my way (I was into litecoin and dogecoin as well, had large holdings of both). I didn't keep the faith despite encouraging others to do so, more fool me.

Edited by Aashenfox