Filling up

AndySpak

I fill up so often I never bother looking at the price beforehand. Serves me right I guess! I'll stick to the local Tesco from now on.

Incidentally, if anyone is interested in receiving a regular email with details of which filling station is selling the cheapest fuel near you check out http://www.petrolprices.com/

Yeah, I've been getting updates from them since I first got the car. They regularly email me with all the local prices within 10 miles or so. Shell seem to be consistently the cheapest (chokes back a snort of contempt toward the government), but I still tend to get mine from Tesco, especially when they do their 5p off vouchers, last fill up on premium was £1.03.

shell v power in queensferry is £113..........

£113!!! I would steer clear of them, if I were you, that's just extortion!!! :scare:

+1 - OMG! That is extortion. I too get the pertrol prices email, but its a bit irrelevant as it tells me the price for normal 95RON, not the 99RON I get from Tesco.

EDIT: Actually they've updated the site and it now gives me Super prices rather than regular :thumbs:

SO when are people going to start protesting and not let the government get away with this?

It seems that everyone is complaining - not just this forum - but no one is willing to do anything about it.

Surly it is because everyone "needs" petrol, therefore you are forced to pay the prices. Isnt that illegal anyway since you HAVE to buy petrol for certain things and the government can just up the price when they want to feed their pockets meaning people have no choice but to pay the extortionate prices?

SO when are people going to start protesting and not let the government get away with this?

It seems that everyone is complaining - not just this forum - but no one is willing to do anything about it.

Surly it is because everyone "needs" petrol, therefore you are forced to pay the prices. Isnt that illegal anyway since you HAVE to buy petrol for certain things and the government can just up the price when they want to feed their pockets meaning people have no choice but to pay the extortionate prices?

The protests we had a few years back (2000-1) were because the UK price of petrol was far higher (due to tax) than it was in Europe which made hauliers uncompetitive if they were based in the UK. There is still an element of this but its not as bad as it was then, the main reason for the hike has been the cost of oil going up (now well over $100 per barrel). After tomorrow, their may be more to say on the matter though, we'll have to wait and see...

The protests we had a few years back (2000-1) were because the UK price of petrol was far higher (due to tax) than it was in Europe which made hauliers uncompetitive if they were based in the UK. There is still an element of this but its not as bad as it was then, the main reason for the hike has been the cost of oil going up (now well over $100 per barrel). After tomorrow, their may be more to say on the matter though, we'll have to wait and see...

hmm... according to recent articles the price of oil has recently dropped but the price at the pumps has in no way reflected this

hmm... according to recent articles the price of oil has recently dropped but the price at the pumps has in no way reflected this

From a news story on FT.com posted at 1pm this afternoon:

Nymex April West Crude Intermediate crude oil prices fell 78 cents to $104.37 a barrel while ICE April Brent crude oil fell 72 cents to $101.66 a barrel.

Still f%&king expensive if you ask me!

From a news story on FT.com posted at 1pm this afternoon:

Nymex April West Crude Intermediate crude oil prices fell 78 cents to $104.37 a barrel while ICE April Brent crude oil fell 72 cents to $101.66 a barrel.

Still f%&king expensive if you ask me!

agreed mate, everything i hear and see seems to point to the country being in a mini recession that is growing :surrender: blame america :wacko:

Ultimately governments all over the world reap a fortune every year from the taxes on petrol, so they're not about to do anything radical like drop some of the taxes off.

We're up NZ$1.87 per litre [$150 to fill a hungry 350], with a per barrel price of over $110 US, it's not going down anytime soon. Ultimately the onflow costs to transporters so the price of absolutely everything goes up. The ones that start to hurt the most is the gas stations themselves as people think about it before driving somewhere.

Is there a Carbon Credit {biggest load of rubbish]} percentage on petrol in the UK yet??