Recommended Braided brake hoses

350 Russ

I fitted Hosetechnic braided brake lines to my zed a couple of years ago as recommended by some folks on here, well yesterday I was doing 50 ish on an A road when one of them split and left me with no brakes.

IMG_2142_zps2vmtgif2.jpg

IMG_2141_zpsiab5lzax.jpg

What do people recommend to replace them with?

Ouch!! I've got hel and wishing I did get the Goodrich as they are a direct fit and use existing fitting positions where as the hel use rubber clamps. Been using the hel for 7 months no problem. Clutch line also changed.

Fitted these as well as the clutch lines back in 2014 due to the good reviews here as well :scare:

Russ which side actually split?

It was the front passenger side, theres 2 hoses for the front, it was the lower one,

IMG_2131_zpsamkv4pnd.jpg

StopTech is a trusted brakes manufacturer, with huge expertise in the industry:

https://www.torqen.u...4-95042503.html

http://stoptech.com/about/about-us

http://stoptech.com/...ents-and-awards

Goodridge is the way to go. :#1:

Thanks for the offer guys, but as I've already spent best part of £100 on HEL then £150 on these then another at least £100 on a replacement set for a car i do only probably 3-4000 miles a year in, im struggling to see the point so might as well go back to oem hoses.

Are these current ones out of warranty? Did you speak with the seller / manufacturer?

No they come with a lifetime warranty according to the box which i still have in the boot of the zed. I've emailed them with photos but waiting on a reply.

I think that you have been extremely unlucky as mechanical failure of Hosetechnic lines is almost unheard of.

However, one failure is one to many and a compensation claim would not be deemed as unreasonable.

• Like 2

I think that you have been extremely unlucky as mechanical failure of Hosetechnic lines is almost unheard of.

However, one failure is one to many and a compensation claim would not be deemed as unreasonable.

100% agree, a failure like that can be deadly

just an update, Hosetechnik have agreed to replace front hoses but are claiming that due to my zed having coilovers and is a touch lower that is what has caused it. surely have the body shell lower will put more slack on the brake lines?

Providing there was not any interference and the hose was not rubbing then they are talking bull sh#t.

Thats what I thought, you can see in the photo above that the hose isn't touching on anything.