Car Dealership and misdiagnosis

GaryStewart8115

PS - Anyone any ideas as to where i can get a bodykit fitted in glasgow that arent gonna screw up my car?, i got some panel beating done from a place in cumberauld that were quite good, ut their waiting list is 2 weeks long and im a very impatient guy haha

If they are good then wait. Don't be impatient.

I had to wait six weeks for an appointment! :wacko: Still waiting in fact! :lol:

If a bodyshop can take you straight in then they are probably crap! :thumbs:

Don't think it has been mentioned by Machargs are owned by Arnold Clark and that in itself explains it all.

Servicing is one thing for them to do but I wouldn't let them do anything else as they are nothing but incompetent.

Hope you get a satisfactory conclusion.

I know of a good bodyshop in Bathgate West Lothian but again I would expect a wait as he is often busy due to the standard of his work.

Place is called:

Steve Walker Bodyshop, 01506 633471

http://www.stevewalkerbodyshop.co.uk

Hey Guys!

New update on the car situation...

They have found the problem (after all that clutch and flywheel carry on), mechanic asked me to come down to the dealer and he then showed me the oil sump from my car with a few shards of metal in there (i think they initially thought it was the big end (?!?!)), but now they are going to get on to the warranty company and explain their findings to them...

They are telling me that the main cause of this is when there is no oil present in the engine, but they told me that the oil levels are fine (i top it up regularly) and that they have no idea what has caused it...

Does anyone have any idea as to weather or not this is a big job to fix? the garage is even more vague than before now (i think they are pi**ed because i reported them to Nissan GB and now they are carrying out an investigation).

Thanks again for the help guys, now i think im gonna have to wait until an engineer from the warranty company comes out to inspect the car.

Derek's right about the Arnold Clark connection and I wouldn't trust my car to their mechanics either, with a few rare exceptions (I know a manager at one of the Volvo dealerships and I can get straight answers from him). However, Sir Arnold does not like adverse publicity, so it might be worth considering writing to him direct, mentioning this forum for starters.

I have also heard that the bodyshop in Bathgate that Derek mentioned does very good work.

I hope you get a decent outcome. :thumbs:

Derek's right about the Arnold Clark connection and I wouldn't trust my car to their mechanics either, with a few rare exceptions (I know a manager at one of the Volvo dealerships and I can get straight answers from him). However, Sir Arnold does not like adverse publicity, so it might be worth considering writing to him direct, mentioning this forum for starters.

I have also heard that the bodyshop in Bathgate that Derek mentioned does very good work.

Thanks for the info mate, i appreciate it :)

Its official tho guys, My engine is completely forked...

Pistons 5 and 6 have been starved of oil aparently, and the big end has sheered in half and the shards have been dispersed all around the engine....

I dont know how this could have happened, they told me my oil levels were between min and max and i have never even allowed the engine light to come on - but they are telling me that the warranty inspector will take one look at it and tell me they refuse to pay out - they are adamant it was driver error but i know how oil hungry these engines are, and i know the consequences of not keeping the engine sufficiently lubricated...

Anyone any ideas as to where i can get a second hand engine, as nissan want £10,000 for an engine, and im not paying that lol...

Was hopin to have shot of it and have a gallardo or a ferrari 360 by the time i turned 20 but am not gonna be able to if i have to pay tens of thousands of pounds to this piece of crap lmao

I know its shitty but if you really want shot of it and spending tens of thousands will **** up your plans then **** it off for scrap and spend your money buying a new one :thumbs:

Why spend £10k on it for it to then to be not worth much at all ?

I'd get a quote first and then take it from there...............

Thanks for the info mate, i appreciate it :)

Its official tho guys, My engine is completely forked...

Pistons 5 and 6 have been starved of oil aparently, and the big end has sheered in half and the shards have been dispersed all around the engine....

I dont know how this could have happened, they told me my oil levels were between min and max and i have never even allowed the engine light to come on - but they are telling me that the warranty inspector will take one look at it and tell me they refuse to pay out - they are adamant it was driver error but i know how oil hungry these engines are, and i know the consequences of not keeping the engine sufficiently lubricated...

Anyone any ideas as to where i can get a second hand engine, as nissan want £10,000 for an engine, and im not paying that lol...

Was hopin to have shot of it and have a gallardo or a ferrari 360 by the time i turned 20 but am not gonna be able to if i have to pay tens of thousands of pounds to this piece of crap lmao

Sorry to hear this mate! But i have to ask what is it you do that you can afford to drive a lambo when ur 20. Sorry for being nosey lol :blush:

Well i wouldnt buy it out right - i would maybe put down about 40k and take the rest out on finance...

I start up businesses, expand them and then sell at a profit mate, or i employ a manager and some staff and keep it running if it brings in alot of profit, pretty simple... more people should do it haha.

I started off with small online businesses, then i moved onto car washed and car audio installation and distribution companies... working my way up to owning a few resturants or small hotels now which i think would be fun -

Recently binned my brand new R6 (motorcycle) at about 155mph (ive got it on video haha) and spent a long time in hospital, so i was a bit behind, but my target was to own a lambo or ferrari at 20 years old - i use material things to drive me in business, which i guess is sad... but it gets the job done for me haha

Recently binned my brand new R6 (motorcycle) at about 155mph (ive got it on video haha) and spent a long time in hospital

I sincerely hope that was on a track! I have an R6 too and would hate to bin it at any speed, it would be scary as fook! 155 is near as damn it (if not) THE fastest it goes too :scare:

Sorry to hear about the engine. I wouldnt call the engine oil hungry, mine has done 45k of which I've done 20k and it hasnt used any oil outside of the services yet and I check it every couple of weeks. Surely something is dodgy if it managed to only starve 2 specific cylinders?

Recently binned my brand new R6 (motorcycle) at about 155mph (ive got it on video haha) and spent a long time in hospital

I sincerely hope that was on a track! I have an R6 too and would hate to bin it at any speed, it would be scary as fook! 155 is near as damn it (if not) THE fastest it goes too :scare:

Sorry to hear about the engine. I wouldnt call the engine oil hungry, mine has done 45k of which I've done 20k and it hasnt used any oil outside of the services yet and I check it every couple of weeks. Surely something is dodgy if it managed to only starve 2 specific cylinders?

No idea mate - I seem to be topping mine up all the time!

And yeah we will say it was on track haha... i got an absolute beltar of a tank slapper and had no damper, coundnt control it and veered off track - ill upload some of my wounds if anyone wants to see um :lol:, i was lucky...