1000 miles??

TT350

I'll have my Zed back soon. The advice that comes with the Forged bottom end I'm having put in suggests I cover 1000 miles before I let it build any boost. Driving very gently.

So. Who is up for a round the country tour over, say, 3 days? Try and get to Isle of man and Isle of Wight or Ireland.

Open to all suggestions and I hope a group of us can go.

Thanks.

I wouldn't be doing the IoM when I was breaking an engine in. You'll hate yourself!

Laps of the M25 my friend, that's the way forward :thumbs:

Or the way backwards if you're poor old Cameron.

I must have seen FBDO a thousand times. One of my all time favourites.

I just need to knuckle under and get that 1000 miles boxed off.

• Like 1

Me and a friend are taking my Zed down to Monaco in August time. The route we have chosen is just over 1k miles. You are more than welcome to join us. This means that on the way there I can hoon it in my poor n/a Zed and you will be able to keep up on low boost so you wont slow me down and then on thw way back you will be free to really open her up as she will be nicely run in. This will then make me jealous and if we spot a bank on the way back you will have to help me rob it so I can charge mine haha.

Dates yet tbc but if your interested Ill let you in on our plans and potential routes :)

• Like 1

Me and a friend are taking my Zed down to Monaco in August time. The route we have chosen is just over 1k miles. You are more than welcome to join us. This means that on the way there I can hoon it in my poor n/a Zed and you will be able to keep up on low boost so you wont slow me down and then on thw way back you will be free to really open her up as she will be nicely run in. This will then make me jealous and if we spot a bank on the way back you will have to help me rob it so I can charge mine haha.

Dates yet tbc but if your interested Ill let you in on our plans and potential routes :)

That sounds like a really cool trip regardless of running my engine in.

The "instructions" that came with the bottom end said NO boost at all. Which is going to mean up shifting very early.

:(

I should have it back in a few weeks so it'll be run in by August but the trip I'd still be up for.

Edited by TT350

1000 miles? You could do that in a day.

Are we talking 24hrs?

That's an average speed of 41 mph and with our traffic and roads... :(

Would take 14 hours if you can average 70mph.

Do it in the night and you could easily average 110+, but if we assume 90 because you are supposed to be going gently, it would only take 11 hours.

Boring, crap and not recommending it, but possible. ;)

*not accounting for fuel stops

You want a mixture of revs, not just sitting on the motorway at x speed, that is not the way to run in an engine. Just go for a drive to some places you always wanted to go, mix it up, drive through some towns, drive some motorways, a and b roads, make a long weekend of it. Just avoid prolonged high revs, the odd burst is fine when running in an engine.

• Like 3