Stillen louver attachment

ASemper

Mine are 3M'd on and are fine. Tigerseal is good but what if you want to get them off again in the future!?

You can still get them off, it's just harder.

Tigerseal is great but when I bought my secondhand rear louvre it came with the rear window attached to it bonded with the stuff. It was easier to break the window and mechanically remove the sealant than trying to cut it off!

My bodyshop guy got a colleague to vinyl wrap the window then sikaflex them on to the vinyl, in theory, protecting the quarter window.

That's a genius idea! :D Never thought of doing that, brilliant.

What's to stop the vinyl peeling off?

Seems like you are adding a weakness that defeats the point of using Sikaflex in the first place and you may as well just use 3M tape?

The guy has been sticking things to cars for 20 years, I toook his advice, miraculously they stayed stuck for over 20,000 miles and were as secure they day I sold it as they were the day they went on, 2 years prior.

How many google search results do you have for correctly applied sheet of vinyl blows off vehicle?

• Like 3

Hey guys, reckon some 3M tape would be sufficient to secure these safely? If so it saves me going OTT with Tigerseal 😈

Cheers5ada013af19a97ac559f4f6e07b6d2be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What is this black ? I need to get mine painted soon and wanting it close to the roof spoiler and sideskirts colour. Is there a paint code or that. Cheers

OK guys enough is enough. We have multiple threads ruined now with pointless arguments which serve no purpose other than one upman-ship. It is getting very tiring and the team won't put up with it anymore, its frustrating members so it stops now or the team will stop it. Last chance.

In the meantime yet another thread will have to be locked so it can be tidied up.

I suggest going forward if you request advice and dont like the replies rather than rise to the bait and start a pointless argument let it go, the advice is not going to change and the only outcome is to wind up people who are genuinely interested in a solution

• Like 1