GTR ON 5TH GEAR IN 10 MINS

GIXXERUK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was filmed at Rockingham, the same as the autocar one. I'd bet the owner allocated a day to the press (For some ££££Â£'s) and the stingiest ones got the least time with the car.

Lame review :dry:

I want to see like for like tests, tests where we can see quantifiable see the performance prowess of the car against direct opposition. :)

I want to see like for like tests, tests where we can see quantifiable see the performance prowess of the car against direct opposition. :)

That will be the Monkey Harris review on Autocar then

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=231443

but you already knew that

sorry something must have distracted me :drunk: wot a doughnut!

Think it could have been much better. Nice to see it being driven much more on the limit compared to the autocar review. Plato is a great driver, just seems strange they did not get to test against something else.

So much for NMGB stopping people importing and it being speed limited, load of balls as we can now see.

PS seems some dealers are taking deposits as NMGB have now decied who gets to sell them. Phone your local and see if they will take a booking, or import and save 10-20k as 5th gear now putting a £60k price on it.

mugwump

You driving at brands......sorry for off topic.

That will be the Monkey Harris review on Autocar then

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=231443

:repost::p

It was the autocar test i was refering too :)

I know hence my edit before you replied. You asleep too? I was up till 2am and not on all cylinders...... :yawn:

So much for NMGB stopping people importing and it being speed limited, load of balls as we can now see.

Think the speed limiter is still an issue. A company has apparently released a replacement (expensive) ECU for it which will work around it but its the only option at the mo

Think the speed limiter is still an issue. A company has apparently released a replacement (expensive) ECU for it which will work around it but its the only option at the mo

True. Were yet to see that car flat out yet e.g 120 mph+

I reckon in 12 months time a new uk one will be £60k+ and an import will be less than £40k even if its 12 months old. In that time I'd expect all importing issues like the limiter to be solved. I know where my money will be going in 12 months...... :)

Yeap Ben from GTR OC and GTC

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/membe ... y-gtc.html

Do you know if he has the limiter removed and if he has registered it in UK.

Also will he let us know the "all in" costs. I know it was complicated and went thru Cyprus or something but would be good to know. Just not a member on GTR so cannot post the questions.

Yeap Ben from GTR OC and GTC

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/membe ... y-gtc.html

Do you know if he has the limiter removed and if he has registered it in UK.

Also will he let us know the "all in" costs. I know it was complicated and went thru Cyprus or something but would be good to know. Just not a member on GTR so cannot post the questions.

Don't you need to have a model report of something before a car can be registered in the UK? I remember reading of someone that imported a nismo Z last year but couldn't get a model report for months.

from what ben has said.. i think it is about 55k the total cost was on the road.

and the uk prices will be anounced at geneva in 2 weeks time...so we can all put a rest to the debate on that one!!!!

I have a feeling they are going to spring an ugly suprise on us e.g £65k+

Why would they want/need to wait to release UK prices? At £55k its a great car, the more it creeps up, the less impressive it is imo :blush:

I thought there were two versions of this as well (2 prices?)? v-spec? maybe im talking rubbish just thought id read it somewhere,

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/216951/ultimate_nissan_gtr.html

apparently i did read it somewhere. who would want the 55k version when theres a v-spec on the horizon? :)

But the 55k version is likely to be 60-65k+ with any V-spec an extra £20k according to Autocar putting it firmly in Porker price range. I love the car but hate being in the UK and getting totally shafted on price :dry: