Radio had no power and found this Help/Advice

scotzman

Hi all, Took fascia off as had no power at stereo and found this WTF all wires have been disconnected and taped up and plugs in the back of stereo..... WTF do i do now, need the 3 harnesses with bit of wire attached and solder ? and no plugs in back of stereo either... any advice please.... Pic below.

20170126_141349.jpg

Edited by scotzman

:lol:

Sorry - but dear lord what a pain in the butt !

This guy has lots of 350z specific videos, and a bunch of audio ones.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnthonyJ350/featured

But I don't think there is anything that I've stumbled across dealing with what you posted.

I'm happy to tackle mechanical stuff, not wiring - too much spaghetti :wacko:

Looks like someone has cut all the wires and connectors off to me, but it's been a while since I got behind there for a proper look.

I'd say that's going to need you to source the proper connectors, figure out which wire is which, and then reattach them all. Not a fun job by any means.

I might have the connectors your missing on an old wiring loom in the Zed Shed - if that would help :shrug:

Would be brill if you have....Thanks.... ordered a new HU too... connectors with a little wiring on them would be perfect for matching the wires up,

I might have the connectors your missing on an old wiring loom in the Zed Shed - if that would help :shrug:

Would be brill if you have....Thanks.... ordered a new HU too... connectors with a little wiring on them would be perfect for matching the wires up,

I will have a look tonight see if I have the bits you need - think they are still on the loom though :)

Looks like someone has cut all the wires and connectors off to me, but it's been a while since I got behind there for a proper look.

I'd say that's going to need you to source the proper connectors, figure out which wire is which, and then reattach them all. Not a fun job by any means.

Hi Ekona.... took a bit tape off to see if they were cut but all pins still attached so it seems

• Like 1

I will have a look tonight see if I have the bits you need - think they are still on the loom though :)

Even easier if they are on the loom that way i could match the wire colours up... great help

WTF do i do now

Get yourself some connectors from Keyser and call out an auto electrician :)

If i had the connectors with a liitle wire loom it would save a lot of hassle and easier to match up then just a little time soldering

I have the 2 white plugs - but I think they come from a JDM loom so may be different, don't suppose anyone has a picture of what we need do they?

Welcome to have the 2 plugs I have mate they have wire on as well :)

I have the 2 white plugs - but I think they come from a JDM loom so may be different, don't suppose anyone has a picture of what we need do they?

Welcome to have the 2 plugs I have mate they have wire on as well :)

Thanks Keyser... my car is a 2005 JDM... fingers crossed

You is a lucky man :)

This is a JDM loom AFAIK

IMG_0284_zps437fw9ci.jpg

This is a UK GT spec AFAIK - I think the 3rd wire is for steering controls

IMG_0285_zpsgqxfhiux.jpg

now the smaller plug on the UK loom is broken but that's the same as the one from the JDM also the larger plug on the UK loom has been butchered a bit could be recovered but it's the same as the big plug from the JDM so between the 2 you should have everything you need......

well add a wiring diagram some solder and a few hours work ;)

PM me your Address I'll stick them in a jiffy bag mate :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser

i HAVE SEEN SIMILAR BEFORE ON OCCASION THE ORIGINAL PLASTIC WHITE PLUGS SEEM TO GO BRITTLE AND DISINTIGRATE / CRUMBLE ,I REPAIRED ONE BEFORE BY BUYING A S.O.T LEAD COMONLY USED TO FIT PARROT HANDSFREE KITS SO HAS ALL PLUGS FOR ORIGINAL STEREO ON ,AND SIMPLY USED A RELEASE TOOL FOR THE PINS AND USED THE NEW EMPTY SHELLS ON THE VEHICLE ORIGINAL WIRING SO COST A £15.00 TO GET THE NEW PLASTIC PLUGS BASICALY.

I DID FIND A WIRING PINOUT SOMEWHERE ONLINE THAT IDENTIFIED EACH WIRES LOCATION TO MAKE IT EASY

i HAVE SEEN SIMILAR BEFORE ON OCCASION THE ORIGINAL PLASTIC WHITE PLUGS SEEM TO GO BRITTLE AND DISINTIGRATE / CRUMBLE ,I REPAIRED ONE BEFORE BY BUYING A S.O.T LEAD COMONLY USED TO FIT PARROT HANDSFREE KITS SO HAS ALL PLUGS FOR ORIGINAL STEREO ON ,AND SIMPLY USED A RELEASE TOOL FOR THE PINS AND USED THE NEW EMPTY SHELLS ON THE VEHICLE ORIGINAL WIRING SO COST A £15.00 TO GET THE NEW PLASTIC PLUGS BASICALY.

I DID FIND A WIRING PINOUT SOMEWHERE ONLINE THAT IDENTIFIED EACH WIRES LOCATION TO MAKE IT EASY

AMAZING IM SURE HE'LL BE ABLE TO HEAR YOU ON THE FORUM ABOVE ALL THE SHOUTING THAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS VERY LOUD ENVIRONMENT

and breath. Jheez I've seen some wiring fails but that wins hands down. Make sure you cover each join, thats a short circuit waiting to happen

AMAZING IM SURE HE'LL BE ABLE TO HEAR YOU ON THE FORUM ABOVE ALL THE SHOUTING THAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS VERY LOUD ENVIRONMENT

and breath. Jheez I've seen some wiring fails but that wins hands down. Make sure you cover each join, thats a short circuit waiting to happen

Hi Olly.... checked all the tape, and secured properly various cables... nightmare mate... although there looks more connections than on the harness above... ill count them tomorrow..... Just renewed the clutch, bought the wrong headlamps speedo not workin.. fans not working ect etc it goes on and on :lol: trying not to be too down though

Looking at your first picture it looks like the JDM loom is the one for you - no steering controls on your Zed?

Received today thanks, also received my Harness adapter for the head unit im putting in, ill pop down the car shortly and count the wires in the car, if there is more or less then ill discconect the pins on the plugs as the Harness adapter i bought was meant to just plug into the adapters then into my HU which allowed me still use the Bose system, would have been a 2 min job... I now have 2 options, the first would be the easiest and thats to put the pins back in ( I checked when removed some tape to see if the wires had been cut but the pins are all still attached) into the original order on the plug, then plug into my harness adapter, but what pins go where on the original plug and surely it depends on the original Clarion unit... ill have a look at the wiring and see if the wiring on the plugs sort of match the colour of wiring on the car.... ill post the updates shortly...

PS: Keyser your def dodging this haggis and black pudding as no address on the package :lol:

Edited by scotzman

You is a lucky man :)

This is a JDM loom AFAIK

IMG_0284_zps437fw9ci.jpg

This is a UK GT spec AFAIK - I think the 3rd wire is for steering controls

IMG_0285_zpsgqxfhiux.jpg

now the smaller plug on the UK loom is broken but that's the same as the one from the JDM also the larger plug on the UK loom has been butchered a bit could be recovered but it's the same as the big plug from the JDM so between the 2 you should have everything you need......

well add a wiring diagram some solder and a few hours work ;)

PM me your Address I'll stick them in a jiffy bag mate :thumbs:

Thanks for everything chris, i discarded all the wiring as the colours were conflicting with my wiring...used the connectors and found that if you pull out the inner sleeve on the connector just a tad then you can put the pins in and they secure... when all done pushed the sleeve back in then clicked and all now ok... Got it all working, put back the trim, admired my work then found the sat nav gps receiver sitting at the side of me.... but that ok cos im gonna wire in the DVR and rear reverse camera... Thanks again for all your help and you Blackpudding and Haggis is still here...