The 200k Club!

ph 7

That's very, very impressive - it's been regularly touted how strong the VQ family of engines are when they are well looked after but it's rare to see them make it to the grandest of milestones (no pun intended)

Have you noticed any issues with the car on its journey to 200k? I assume its not as spritely as it once was?

Congratulations!

Issues have been relatively minor for me. Couple of wheel bearings replacements but nothing you would claim of being as high mileage related. Just normal wear. My drivers seat is probably the biggest giveaway

Of course there is an increase of oil consumption and so I have increased viscosity to compensate for it a little after a recommendation from Opie Oils. I would say my consumption is around 1l pe thousand miles. The I like to think of it as that i'm always running clean oil!

As they always say, you can never over maintain a car.

With regards to performance, I have never had a problem keeping up with other zeds at the meets. I still can do an in gear 4th test of 20 mph intervals in 4.4 seconds.

No idea what that would relate to in terms of horses lost. If anyone wants to give me free dyno time to find out, shout out!

• Like 2

Back in 2012 I made the following post originally here http://www.350z-uk.c...ine-power-test/

Now when I got my 350 in with all the history and handbooks I had reprints of magazine articles from Japanese Performance and Autocar.

The Autocar roadtest had figures for acceleration in gears which you probably all know ( repost.gif) but I'll write them anyway

mph	6th	5th	4th	3rd	2nd
20-40	9.4	6.6	4.6	3.6	2.4
30-50	8.6	6.0	4.4	3.4	2.4
40-60	8.4	58	4.4	3.2	2.4
50-70	8.2	5.6	4.4	3.2	
60-80	8.4	5.8	4.4	3.4	
70-90	9.0	6.2	4.6		
80-100	9.6	6.4	5.0		
90-110		 6.6			

After clearing my CEL and reading the thread about the Rolling Road day and how dissapointed you can be on actual hp, I took the car out for a spin and thought I'd test my time in 4th from 40-60. 4th gear seemed the best choice given how uniform the 4th gear times are and would balance out any inacuracy in my speedo as it wouldn't matter if I was going 38-58 as it should still be 4.4

I used the onboard stopwatch to take readings as it is only 2 presses.

I did 6 runs in total, 3 first were with my windows down and 3 with them up

Now I appreciate that there is alot of scope for tenths to be innacurate due to reaction times/road levels but that is what I got watching the speedo go up in a 20 mile per hour increment.

Now, I'm really pleased with that result given the 174K miles my 04 has done and it is due its service...I was imagining far worse figures given that the figures would've come from a brand spanking new car.

I was wondering what you guys get especially those of you who have dyno results.

EDIT: Improve table layout

The autocar test is a nice an easy way to test as you take wheelspin out of the equation for the most part and is (fairly) safe to do on a straight road without taking your eyes off the road and you don't have to change gear

• Like 1

I had them fail quite close together, something like 185k and 192k. You never know if me adding spacers to the car had an adverse effect. Or that I swap between summer and winter wheels. But no problems since replacement.