Engine knocking ... Just needs a service

veilside z

Says in the ad its a project car selling cheap and he has been honest about all the problems, if someone is daft enough to buy thinking a service will sort it, well you know what they say about a fool and their money. Not like he is trying to sell it as a decent car :)

• Like 1

That's one of the better car listings I've seen on ebay to be fair. The idiotic payment terms are something else though, pay within 2 hours? wtf? What if I work nights? Stupid. And 2 days to collect? Mercy. That's what would make me run away. There's no reserve apparently, so it'll probably go for a tenner.

Says he`s listed it for £1800 elsewhere, which on the face of it doesnt seem a bad price in all fairness for a project.

Had to laugh though that he said he bought it a couple of months ago and just hasnt had the time to do it up yet. Firstly, why buy a project car if you know you wont have time to work on it. Not only that, ive had my project car in my garage for 10 years and dont intend to sell that as hopefully I will find the time to work on it at some point, so to give up after just a couple of months seems a bit silly.

Says in the ad its a project car selling cheap and he has been honest about all the problems, if someone is daft enough to buy thinking a service will sort it, well you know what they say about a fool and their money. Not like he is trying to sell it as a decent car :)

Seems fair enough to me to especially as it doesn't look like it has a reserve price or at least it didn't say it hadn't reached reserve.

I'd say you could get a bargain there if you could buy the car for say £500, a used running engine for £2K and maybe another £1.5K on wheel refurb, new battery, replace missing clips, MOT, Tax etc. Then you've a running Zed for £4K.

I wouldn't but I know some people do this sort of thing. ;)