Celebrities you'd go for a beer with

Ekona

HowToBasic has >8.5M subs for essentially breaking eggs and slapping raw chicken on his naked thighs... and don't even get me started on PewDiePie...

Following != Admiration (or at least it shouldn't)

Losing credibility, don't be a hater. Swift and Bieber are talented (unless you're suggesting that chicken slapping is more important than musical talent?), spoiled bitch and punk kid or not, Taylor Swift's been a pro since she was a kid, I know she'd have a story or two worth sharing, that's all I was saying, and if she has, she'll know how to tell it, she's never come across as vapid to me.

• Like 1

Losing credibility, don't be a hater. Swift and Bieber are talented (unless you're suggesting that chicken slapping is more important than musical talent?), spoiled bitch and punk kid or not, Taylor Swift's been a pro since she was a kid, I know she'd have a story or two worth sharing, that's all I was saying, and if she has, she'll know how to tell it, she's never come across as vapid to me.

Not hating, I don't listen to their music because I don't care for it, who they are has no bearing on it (I still happily enjoy Lost Prophets and Nickelback among others). Just pointing out that you can achieve a large following and win awards without having any talent, even within the music industry *cough* grime *cough*.

Funny how 'talented' American singers that make it also happen to be good looking, perfect body sized people as well ;) Don't get me wrong they have sold tonnes of records, but there are much more talented singers, performers and songwriters out there they just aren't American and moulded from the perceived 'attractiveness' tree.

Funny how 'talented' American singers that make it also happen to be good looking, perfect body sized people as well ;) Don't get me wrong they have sold tonnes of records, but there are much more talented singers, performers and songwriters out there they just aren't American and moulded from the perceived 'attractiveness' tree.

Whereas we get Ed Sheeran :lol:

Not hating, I don't listen to their music because I don't care for it, who they are has no bearing on it (I still happily enjoy Lost Prophets and Nickelback among others). Just pointing out that you can achieve a large following and win awards without having any talent, even within the music industry *cough* grime *cough*.

I don't listen to their music either, but that doesn't mean I don't respect them (I have trouble respecting Bieber, he's such a pratt, but his talent is undeniable), Swift has one or two tracks I wouldn't bother changing if they came on the radio, but I would never choose to listen to one of her tracks either.

I was playing drums in a death metal band in 1995 (had one pro gig, wimbledon crypt), and still regularly listen to my old Ministry, Nine Inch Nails and other industrial and thrash metal when the mood takes me, but last year I was also thrilled by the comeback of euphoric house and drum n bass (Sigma, Galantis, Sigala), so my music tastes could not really be more diverse.

I just don't see how you can say someone is talentless after making it to the top and staying there for TIME, do you really think it's so easy to be a pop icon?

As Joey said in a favourite episode of friends, when he became an acting teacher for a short time...he turns around to the class and says...

"Some of you are going to have to get a lot more attractive if you want to be on tv."

If you aren't attractive, you'd better be mind blowingly amazing at what you do, otherwise you don't have a chance. Competition is such that there are enough beautiful people who are talented 'enough', to make it not worth bothering with the less beautiful people. I'm not supporting it, just stating the reality. You can still make it if you're not beautiful, but I admit it's a lot harder.

And the point being that awards and the like are rather falsified, it doesn't mean that person is supremely talented, it means they are the person generally selling the most music at that time. Sales nowadays dont seem to be driven by talent in my view but by marketing teams, social media managers, video producers, the song writers for the singers, industry trends towards certain music genres or even if that singers music is used in a film that does well. I don't think listing out awards really denotes talent, it denotes popularity for sure though, but being popular does not mean talent.

Interestingly enough, the entertainment industry is awash with awards, there are more film awards ceremonies in the US than there are days in the year for instance. And we all know you cannot win an Oscar if you are not white as well ;)

Back up to your other post, Sigma are fantastic, being an 80s kid who loved dance music great seeing all this coming back in. I have about 20 Sigma tracks that I play on rotation at the moment in the car.

My current favorite tune at the moment is galantis louder, harder, better, but I know that will be temporary until I get bored with it, but it's closely followed by Sigma rude boy and nobody to love, which I also know now will be classics in my collection. There isn't a bad track on 'Life'.

I just don't see how you can say someone is talentless after making it to the top and staying there for TIME, do you really think it's so easy to be a pop icon?

Lil Wayne

Drake

Nicki Minaj

Who is drake?? Hardly pop icons bro... Anyway, let's just agree to disagree. :)

Lil Wayne

Drake

Nicki Minaj

Who is drake?? Hardly pop icons bro... Anyway, let's just agree to disagree. :)

I had no idea until recently...

From some mild internetting:

Lil Wayne features in many pop songs

Drake, though primarily a hip hop artist incorporates R&B and pop.

Nicki Minaj is undeniably pop, but thinks she can rap.

My current favorite tune at the moment is galantis louder, harder, better, but I know that will be temporary until I get bored with it, but it's closely followed by Sigma rude boy and nobody to love, which I also know now will be classics in my collection. There isn't a bad track on 'Life'.

Fav Sigma at the moment is Find Me, I have a fairly loud sound system in the Celica, it sounds fantastic with the bass going!

• Like 1

Cards on the table, I actually genuinely like a bit of Taylor Swift, they are awesomely catchy pop songs and Ive never had a problem with that. Biebers latest work has also been pretty good, the biggest issue Ive got with both is that they get overplayed but up to that point, fair play.

However ............ what's Drake all about?

My initial thought is its just me getting old but I still like the above, Im loving Tom Zanettis latest tune and Ill even go a bit of the more commercial side of grime from time to time. Ive also asked some younger mates (17/18) and they dont really seem to know what its all about either.

Its not a dance music thing - I was on the Happy Hardcore and Jungle scene bigtime and its not variety, I still listen metal and indie and if I dont play some Hip hop at some point its been a weird week.

Hell, I even listen to French rap music or dub from time to time, but Drake - no idea what the attraction is. At all.

• Like 1

What the heck is going on?

The world is circling the toilet bowl, the brits voted brexit, the greeks voted against the EU bailout offer, the americans voted for trump, and basically....

The sky is falling on our heads! All we need now is a zombie apocalypse.

Any other philosophical questions I can help you with today? :D

One Tuesday evening back in 1995 whilst visiting London with work I was sat in a empty bar minding my own and in glided Michael Jackson with two huge bodyguards. He ordered a shandy and was accompanied by a woman (his guitarist apparently). We didn't talk but I was earwigging their conversation and overheard him talking about his upcoming HIStory gigs at Wembley scheduled for that weekend. They were talking about the set list etc.

The things that struck me most about him were how normal he seemed, how loud his laugh was, how gracefully he moved, and that he drank! (albeit shandy). He also tipped the girl behind the bar £50. A mad experience, and for star power it takes some beating.

Edited by secretstar07979
  • Like 4

Yes do you believe in the multiverse?

I do believe in a (possibly infinite) multiverse. Evident by the fact that there does seem to be some kind of energy soup beyond what we believe is the border of the known universe. I'm a subscriber to the theory that the 'universe' is actually much larger than we perceive (or call it an omniverse if you like), in which universes (as we describe them currently) are bubbles in this energy soup bursting into existence (bubbles created by big bangs, which are actually 'reverse sucks', or a universe being sucked outward) and potentially dissipating or popping out of existence later. This is one of very few reasonable explanations for the accelerating expansion of the universe that we perceive. Whether or not this soup has a boundary or not is up for debate, but I believe it has limitless universe creation power, i.e. universe bubbles will keep popping in and out of existence forever, or rather, infinitely. However, I cannot believe that anything is infinite in size, it just seems too improbable, but then our minds haven't really evolved to the point where we can absorb such concepts and process them in an appropriate way, plus I doubt I will be proved right or wrong within my lifetime, so it remains pure theory. :)

Important side note: Infinite is a funny word. It turns the entire universe upside down and should be used with care. As soon as you start throwing the word around, you make the improbable inevitable. Something to consider if you believe in the infinite: If there are and/or 'will be' infinite universes, then it has either already happened, or definitely WILL happen, that an infinite number of people like you exist in an infinite number of universes where every decision you made (or was made for you) in your life, conscious or sub-conscious leads to a different tree of outcomes. In some versions, the only difference is the slight shade of a single hair on your head, in others, you are your people's Einstein. There are also an infinite number of people absolutely IDENTICAL TO YOU in every single way. This is guaranteed to be 100% true for every single one of us, if you believe in the infinite.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 2

Other than some that have already been mentioned:-

Chuck Norris - grew up watching

Eric Bana - if you havent seen it, watch Love the Beast

Kate Beckinsale - just because she looks awesome in tight PVC!!!

Keanu Reeves - the s**t he has been through in his life and still remains humble

These 2 would have to be a double date:-

Ryan Tuerck

Chris Forsberg

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 1