rear tyres changing soon, which to go for ?

neo

Hi All,

yes i know tyres are sometimes personal choice but which brand to go for on the rears when i still have the original potenza's on the front ?

like the rim protection that the potenza's give so would like something similar if possible.

Had toyo tr1's on me 350z, liked them but guess there are better choices out now, mpss is one that a lot a people rave about :)

Thanks in advance for helpful replies :)

Cheers

Ditch the lot, go MPSS all round. 040s are dreadful, get rid of them.

TR1s are also appalling, I actually prefer the 040s as at least they don't melt when it's sunny :)

EDIT Ah hang on, this is in the 370 bit (stupid mobile app). In that case just stick with the 050As if you're happy with them, they're a decent tyre.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

TR1s are also appalling, I actually prefer the 040s as at least they don't melt when it's sunny :)

EDIT Ah hang on, this is in the 370 bit (stupid mobile app). In that case just stick with the 050As if you're happy with them, they're a decent tyre.

Would you stick with them over mpss Dan?

So when we going to get an MPSS smiley?

:)----------- :)------- :)-O-O---------------O- :) ----------O- :)

O--O-----O--O----------O ------ :)--------O-----------------O

O----- :)----O----------O-O-O--------------- :) ------------- :)

O--------------O----------O-----------------------------O----------------O

:)---------- :)-------- :)----------------- :)-O----------- :)-O

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 4

Would you stick with them over mpss Dan?

I ran RE050A on the back and MPSS on the front at one stage, the MPSS are marginally better but not to the point of unbalancing a car or anything bad like that :)

I've literally just changed all 4 of my tyres from the original potenzas to the MPSS. I could have waited with the fronts but I love the new tyres very happy with them, so I'd recommend doing all 4!

I suppose it depends how much life is left in the fronts, I could have gone through another 1.5mm of tread on the front before changing but decided against it just from the reviews/opinions on here of the MPSS :)!

thanks for the replies :)

the fronts still have have 7mm on them, well they did when it was serviced last September, rears had 4mm, even with the roads greasy at this time of year i can tell they will need changing soon :drive1

Both RE50s and MPSS are great all rounders but I think if you want maximum traction in the dry then Yoko AD08s are semi slicks, I had them on my 340bhp Supercharged FWD Type R, in the dry and as long as it's not below 12c or so they should provide way more traction than even RE50s and the pilot sports. However, as an all rounder they won't be so good, softer compound and not fantastic in the wet. But I never drive the car fast when it's raining, the AD08s would enable you to get full traction foot to the floor in 1st if imagine but it depends how much power you're running. Anywhere near 400bhp and I'd go for AD08s for sure, or you even could spin up in 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw my 370z is 345bhp, I've yet to try a 1st gear launch but the RE50s on the back Grip fine in 2nd. Obviously the cold weather means tyres can't get up to temp easily, even if it is dry

When I first went to pilot sports I found them to almost feel like there was a little roll in the tyre.

As I got used to them I found they were Awsome when leaning on them once warm not so good in the wet

I find the Bridgestone a little hard if that makes sense

And when leaned on feel like they are kicking back a bit

I don't know maybey me

Hoping to touch 500bhp once tunned so I'll let you know how the bridgestone cope

I think my previous post is correct. AD08s are simply better if you need the maximum amount of dry grip. I.e on dry track days or if your car is over 350bhp, 400bhp etc which would be pushing a 370s RWD tyres to the limit in 1st gear, or even 2nd gear in terms of breaking traction. If you want to do 0-100mph launches and fastest cornering, full throttle in 1st and 2nd without spinning in the dry only then AD08s are the best option. For your typical stock powered 350 or 370, the pilots or RE50s have enough grip on the dry to prevent the wheels spinning in 1st (once warm) and 2nd, then as an all rounder they're far better in the wet and last longer. But for dry track performance, AD08 is the winner. Here's another informed opinion on the matter 86e1c6d9b2aa97e7b15194befbdf1afa.png

No, MPSC2 give significantly more dry grip than any other tyre barring a slick. Next up would be the 888Rs, then the AD08Rs. Yokos aren't even remotely close to the Michelins.

Hes right you know.

And all are irrelevant if you dont want to run a track tyre anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, getting the bridgestones fitted this saturday, £218 each fitted, think that's a decent price :)

they did try and tell me dunlops were better and highly rated them,don't recall anyone here having dunlops on their Z ?

• 1 month later...