Whats this?

Jay84

Picked my Zed up yesterday and love it (obviously), but i noticed this thing under the left side of my steering column and have no clue what it is. It has an aux port in the back. Any ideas? Hopefully this time the pics linked properly from my photobucket.

Jay

Edited by Jay84

I did a quick Google and it would seem to be a Snooper SLD 950X Laser Diffuser. I guess the previous owner liked to go a little faster than maybe he should. ;)

I think that it's legal to buy and even fit them but not to turn them on. I might be wrong though.

Edited by roadtrip
  • Like 1

I tried google and couldn't find anything. I did think it could be snooper as makes similar on noises as the one I had 10 yrs ago. I think you ma be right about his speed though, i've filled her up and the more I drive the more the range increases. Might have to go home the longer way and go past some cameras see if it makes noises. It was the aux port that threw me.

Great info cheers mate. As it turns out...massively illegal. My job requires a fairly clean license so I'm a fairly sensible driver these days, and I want to keep my Zed as nice as can be. I think I'll be removing said device. Or just never turn it on I guess...feels like the lazier option. Thanks again for the help with my apparent inability to google ;).

Jay

Put it this way, you're out and about and a copper stops you because his speed gun wasn't working when trying to lock onto you. He finds this installed on the car, do you think anyone will believe that it was actually the car next to you that was running it at the time?

Personally I'd be ripping it out asap, just in case.

• Like 1

Me in my black Zed, or Agather in her 1990 fiesta, it'll be me they pull over, yup. In fairness I can just unplug the unit and tuck the wires out of sight and its JD.

In other news, anyone want to buy a snooper 950x lol.

I think you should test it first.... for ebay selling purposes.

I wouldn't want you to get a bad review for selling a faulty product. :lol:

Whats the worst that can happen... :drive1 you hit 88 mph and go back to the future?

Edited by Stuggerz

Looking at the links, snoopers are legal, but apparently this one scatters the beam stopping them being able to see how fast i'm going. Its jams it rather than just detect it.

Oh cool, can see why that might not be legal.

Guessing it doesn't prevent normal cameras though, just the mobile gun units?

If I do it means payco is right, its a flux capacitor. Also, for the nexr month or so, I can claim ignorance as I have only just bought the car. Im a Halfords Autocentre manager, I'll get one of the lads to remove it on a quiet day lol.

• Like 2