350z Uprev Group Buy at H-Dev - Proposed Feb 2017

chirag1988

Hi all,

I've spoken to Jez today about getting my 350z mapped and the normal price is £400 inc VAT. I asked about any discounts if we can get a group buy going and he said to let him know how much interest there is and he'll see what he can sort out.

Only condition is that we must all be available on the same day.

If there's 2 of us he can offer a 10% discount, but if we can get more, then I'll report back and he'll see what sort of discount he can sort out.

Looking at a day early next year - Jan or Feb 2017, ideally Jan if possible!

How many people can we get interested firstly?

1. Chirag1988

Edited by chirag1988

Right so Jez has offered 15% off if we can get all 5 to agree to go down on the same day - bringing the overall cost down to £340.

Firstly, are we looking at Jan or Feb for everyone?

I'm away between 21st Jan - 4th Feb, so before or after that would work for me.

Ideally you would carry out any mods such as plenum spacer, exhaust, HFC's, headers etc etc and then have the car mapped at the end for those mods. Otherwise you will be remapping every time you add something new. Again the gains depend on so many variables such as the mods you have done and the overall health of the vehicle.

Different days, different dynos, different atmospheric conditions and the general condition of any service parts will all play a role when it comes t the numbers game. Being new to Zeds Im not entirely sure of the expected gains but from what I have picked up on so far, around 300bhp seems the be the average for a healthy car with all the relevant mods.

Im sure someone will be along in time to confirm whether the gain above is accurate or if Ive just made it up as Ive typed lol.

Oh and quick question for the OP, does this include things like the switchable maps or 'pops n bangs' for those of us with cruise control or is this extra? If it is extra do we get the 15% off the extra bit aswell or is it just valid for the base tune/uprev without customisation?

Hope that makes sense.

Spoke to Jez, he can fit my mods prior to the UpRev on the same day :) I'm getting Pop Charger, plenum spacer, and HFC's done prior. Not bothering with the headers and cat back was done by previous owner.

Going from stock to mods and up rev in one day should be nice noticeable difference for me on the drive home :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What gains can I expect from a uprev? I have a 2003 car with a couple of bolt on mods which currently delivers 286bhp

I'm looking to change my exhaust. Is this something I should do before I have my car remapped or doesn't it matter?

You'd want to change your air filters to either an induction kit, or for better gains then get yourself a HKS drop in panel filter. As you're a DE you also want a plenum spacer. Also you'd want to have HFCs or decats, as well as your Y-pipe and your exhaust. This would be the bare minimum I'd say to do before a remap, otherwise you'll be re-doing it every time you change one of the breather mods.

Oh and quick question for the OP, does this include things like the switchable maps or 'pops n bangs' for those of us with cruise control or is this extra? If it is extra do we get the 15% off the extra bit aswell or is it just valid for the base tune/uprev without customisation?

Hope that makes sense.

Spoke to Jez and they can load up to 5 maps if you have the cruise control, and the "pops n bangs" is something I asked for as well as I quite like the sound of it. There's no extra cost for this as it would just be one of the 5 maps loaded on. However if anyone wants Launch Control, that will be around £90 extra as it requires an additional licence. Not sure if the 15% discount would apply to this but we can always ask :)

Edited by chirag1988
  • Like 1