Looking for advice on purchase

LukeA

Hey guys I'm currently looking for a HR but not seeing many I like apart from this one.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/350z/nissan-350z-3-5-v6-313--bluetooth-xenons-air-con-and-18andquot-alloys-2008/6176413

What would you guys say this car is worth? Personally I don't see spending 10k+ on a 350z. I offered 8k just to see and they said they couldn't discount it by 2.5k and that's where I would like to be but I see it has the nismo body kit I believe and I like that so maybe it's worth more then standard.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Edited by LukeA

I thought all uk gt models came with cruise control and heated leather seats? its got the rays, brembos, and Bose like the gt should.

I'm finding it hard to justify the price they want for it. I could just get one without the body kit and add it on but it has full Nissan service history which helps. What would you say it's worth like that?

I found this Zed for you if it is of any interest.

It's a 2007 350Z coupe (HR engine) with 52,000 miles in what looks like the same colour as the one you have posted above. I searched for ones close to the area of that garage and this one is only 12 miles from LU3 3HP. It is up for £8,850.

Link: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611179857725?model=350%20Z&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&make=NISSAN&seller-type=trade&radius=1500&year-from=2007&postcode=lu33hp&maximum-mileage=60000&sort=price-asc&page=1

Any good? :shrug:

You can always ad the body kit yourself afterwards if you wanted to. ;)

You're looking at 9k+ for any HR with decent mileage. The one you linked is probably worth at least 10k.

If you don't fancy coughing up that much, maybe look into a Rev-up DE instead? Quite a bit cheaper and you don't miss out on much at all.

Cheers guys. That's a good find on auto trader GMballistic, that one doesn't come up when I search but thanks gives me something to look at. I've seen a couple HR's with high'ish millage around 100k mark and would prefer low miles so happy to pay more for that. I'll email the one I linked and see their best price and if I can get it below 10k then I'll probably snap it up.

I see body kits for £700 + fitting and spraying would 1k for all that sound a fair price?

Cheers guys. That's a good find on auto trader GMballistic, that one doesn't come up when I search but thanks gives me something to look at.

Yep worth a look I'd say and maybe gives you a cheaper option. I wouldn't get too hung up on mileage as providing the car has been serviced correctly they can quite easily break the 100K miles mark. ;)

Okay body kit price and fitting i will take into consideration as might aswell save abit of money and time+ effort and just get that one with it. I think it's safe to say I have fallen in love with that one as I keep looking at it and nothing comes close to that when I look aha thanks for the help guys

Edited by LukeA

I wouldn't get too hung up on mileage as providing the car has been serviced correctly they can quite easily break the 100K miles mark. ;)

Until it comes round to selling...

Us car people may know that it's all about how the car was treated, but everyone else is after FSH and low mileage.

Even though it'd be worse, a car that's been ragged about every day with FSH and low mileage would be worth much more than one that has been loved and cared for (including regular maintenance) with no service history and high mileage. :(

I have a 98k HR and runs sweetly , well looked after nor abused so + 1 with all the others comments that its how well the Z has been cared for and no only necessarily low miles but I do love my HR , My old DE had more grunt and kick in the back but linear performance from the HR is excellent IMO :D:teeth:

Happy hunting

Edited by kbad

Don't forget the one you linked to isn't a GT, so it has no leather, cruise control or Bose stereo and additional speakers. It may not bother you now as you have your rose tinted glasses on, but have a good think if you'd rather have heated leather, or if you'd make use of cruise control. Any driving at all on dual carriageways or motorways and I have the cruise switched on, it's just much more comfortable. Some people blast the 6.1 speaker Bose system and lets face it, it's not the best quality system in the world, but it's leagues above the measly 4 speakers in the non GT.

Another thing to note is the bodykit, you CAN buy copies for cheap, but they'll cost much more to fit, I think you're looking at around a grand to fit a Nismo kit, maybe more if the boot needs resprayed after removing the OEM spoiler. This kit may also be genuine from the factory NIsmo, which makes it worth double the eBay copies and a perfect fit.

Personally I think 10.5 is maybe a bit over priced due to it being a base model, 10k from a dealer is probably about right considering they have overheads and you will have rights if anything happens to go wrong after purchase.

If you want a cheaper zed, why dont you look for a private sale.

This is what I did, and saved at least 2 grand over a dealer.

Also full service history doesnt mean anything, unless you have accompanying receipts for all the consumables.

Its just a few stamps in a book (sometimes literally in my experience)

rather have heated leather,

Do people actually like heated seats?

I always thought they were just bragging rights cos they sound fancy.

Who wants a sweaty arse????

It's not THAT hot, but nice enough to warm your tushy on a cold winters morning, it also has 2 heat settings if you're extra sensitive ;)

It's not THAT hot, but nice enough to warm your tushy on a cold winters morning, it also has 2 heat settings if you're extra sensitive ;)

My tush generates enough heat all by itself thank you very much :<

Turned it once once and it was just uncomfortable.

Any layer of clothes is enough to not feel the chill of the leather in a cold morning, and after a minute it's all warmed up anyway. So unless you're driving round naked,.... :lol:

So after reading the comments I have decided about that car that I will not buy it as I'm just seeing the look of it and liking it. I have decided that private sale is probably better and cheaper as mentioned, and also not a GT which is what I'm really after.

Cheers for the offers on your car but looking for a HR