Nismo Z-Tune Fairlady Z

-G-

This is an interesting find. It's a JDM spec Z33 that appears to have been tuned by Nismo. It's not well known, but Nismo did tune individual cars before building them on an industrial scale with the Complete Cars and special editions you're familiar with. This appears as if it might be one of those cars, so not very common at all.

Is it worth £10k+ for a DE engined Zed? I honestly don't know, but it's certainly more valuable than the stock UK spec Nismo aero-kitted examples that come up now and again.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612070425816?atmobcid=soc3

I wouldn't pay that much for it but I do really like that. B)

Did you noticed the giant pads in the drivers footwell?

I'm assuming they are pads to help hold you in place or stop your knees getting bashed around. Never ever seen ones that big on a Zed or any other car for that matter. :scare::teeth:

Surely the S-tune would come fitted with a Nismo S-Tune exhaust, not its sister and also LMGT4's? Obviously these can both be changed, but changing a Nismo for the Fijitsubo (sp?) is pointless and fitting TE37's instead of LMGT4's has a negative effect on the car visually.

Is it possible that some guy in Japan just modified it?

It's possible, the only thing that's making me think it's real is the Nismo engine bay plaque. I've asked my Nismo guru in Japan to cast his beady eye over it. Alternatively I could ask Jurgen at JM about its provenance.

It's possible, the only thing that's making me think it's real is the Nismo engine bay plaque. I've asked my Nismo guru in Japan to cast his beady eye over it. Alternatively I could ask Jurgen at JM about its provenance.

Good spot on the plaque! Beautiful car either way. I'd love to see a dyno run vs a standard 04, it should have a few ponies more due to the Nismo cams etc that I think the S-tune came with.

Dat AM tho...

Did you noticed the giant pads in the drivers footwell?

I'm assuming they are pads to help hold you in place or stop your knees getting bashed around. Never ever seen ones that big on a Zed or any other car for that matter. :scare::teeth:

Wouldn't mind having bigger pads. The current ones aren't big enough, or are at the wrong angle or something, and I just can't get any use out of them.

Good spot on the plaque! Beautiful car either way. I'd love to see a dyno run vs a standard 04, it should have a few ponies more due to the Nismo cams etc that I think the S-tune came with.

I've just had another look and the graphics appear to be slightly wrong, the "S-TUNE NISMO" on the sides is too small and the position of the "S-TUNE" on the rear is wrong. i could also be wrong about this, but don't S-tunes have a black lip on the bumper, skirts and spats?

Was it possible to get S-Tune performance without the cosmetics, could it be the owner added these afterwards himself?

Either way if I was after a low mileage 350z Id pick this over a similar priced HR, its more special IMO. And looking at AutoTrader all the similiar mileage/price cars are all convertibles or DE's anyway :lol:

Edited by Sargara

Not according to wiki (not that i would necessarily believe that site) or any other info on the web, seems like 04 earliest, but maybe they were available to the jdm market first?

Was the S-tune not ONLY available JDM?

Fake!

If that car was made in 2002 that predates the Nismo OEM editions surely?

Moreover, I think the seller is covering themself by the description:

Nissan 350 Z Nismo Edition ST version

Would still a nice low mileage 350 to own, but the price is a try-on, IMO

Bear in mind folks, strictly speaking there are two S tune Z33'S, the S tune and the S Tune GT.

The S tune GT was the very limited edition car produced as a complete car and looks nothing like the version 1 Nismo kit. I do actually believe this was a car tuned by Nismo, as a race ECU and Tuning isnt Something A hobbyist comes by very easily. The engine plaque was on the car when it was imported by JM imports, I am erring towards genuine.

http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/2002-nissan-fairlady-z-st-version-6-speed-manual/

I thought I recognized "Sports Resetting" - it's an aftermarket package offered by Nismo to tune up Nissan cars with a more aggressive but safe map and accessories. Something we'd definitely not get access to over here.

http://www.freeplanets.jp/FairladyZ/Z33SportsRe.html

http://www.nismo.co.jp/omori_factory/original_menu/engine_m/sr/

It's certainly a puzzle and completely possible that it's genuine, but there are quite a few inconsistencies with other S-tunes, such as the stickers being placed incorrectly and the missing black lips. Pretty sure the engine cover isn't Nismo, as it would have a silver section I believe. As for "Sports Resetting" if the rest of the graphics are after market then they could easily be too.

I honestly have no idea and without a VIN number we'll probably never know. Could use a close up of the engine bay plaque.