Clutch and Flywheel Combo?

reeceybeaney

Car is on it's way to 70k miles and will be expecting some slips from the clutch in the nearby future... what are people recommending for a slight upgrade from original oem clutches/flywheels and is it worth the cost? I've found something like this which seems like good value to me, but I'm sure someone will point me in the right direction:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/112216282608?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I think theres quite a few people with Exedy clutch kits and apart from some complaining of a bit of noise from the flywheel if they happened to purchase a single mass version, but there'll be noise with any kit and single mass combo.

I'm sure the Xtreme kit is excellent, but at £1250 compared to the £450 for Exedy, it's a no brainer for me.

From your profile picture it looks like your car is a de? If that's the case the xtreme is about £700.

I didn't previously see this one. Clarks sell a single plate kit for £750 or so, it's the twin plate that's over £1200.

Yes it's a DE model, I wouldn't be too bothered with the noise from a lightened flywheel. From what people have said the driving difference and response makes up for it. Just the kithing I found was £429 which is considerably cheaper than other options. Didn't know if there was a particular reason for this as I am new to 350Zs!

The kit that you are looking at on Ebay will work on a DE but the Exedy clutch is not an upgrade.

If you want an upgrade go for the Extreme from Ewen at CMS.

Also buying from the States has the added implication of potential ball ache warranty procedures.

Also you will have to pay 20% vat and duty on the imported parts once they hit the UK.

So perhaps not the saving that you were hoping for.

I have to vote for clark motorsports xtreme, with the single mass flywheel. Hard launches all day long and engine response vastly improved. Slightly heavier pedal but that's probably because I`m getting old and weak.

It is a few quid but you know what your willing to spend in the pursuit of speed. Lol

• 3 months later...