Zed Identification question please

stanski

Hi Folks

Spotted this cheeky little Zed with its top off yesterday in Sunny Chorley.

Question: Ignoring the cheesy number plate I am guessing its the proper genuine 07 job?

Its got the revised interior and the codpiece bonnet - but..... look at the grille in the bumper is'nt that the previous model?

Does'nt the 07 one have 2 metal slats instead?

Old bumper fitted? Had a bump or is it an '07 model with a new bonnet? :)

No new 07 models to compare against and salesmen were busy with Navara's!! :yawn:

Oh and Twilight Grey looks top! :thumbs:

Looks like an 03 model bumper??

An '03?? Really ?? for £27K - are they really taking the p****!!! Maybe that 55 plate is genuine and its an '05 then?

There was no sales blurb in it and it looked pretty mint - i,e the wheels were ok and no telltale damage to wings - from washing/ brushing past foliage on country lanes etc etc???

??????

N55SSN - GREY NISSAN 350Z ROADSTER 3.5 V6 313 GT 2dr (2007 - Model On) Manual 3498cc

and

The vehicle details for N55 SSN are:

Date of Liability 01 06 2008

Date of First Registration 08 06 2007

Year of Manufacture 2007

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3498CC

CO2 Emissions 288g/Km

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour GREY

Vehicle Type Approval M1

and

MakeNISSANYear of manufacture2007Model350ZEngine size(CC)3498

june 2007 then.

here it is ;) - registered June 2007 - PF07LCE:

http://www.chorleynissan.co.uk/Vehicles ... html#Start

someone has either nicked or crashed the front end and that's a temporary pre 2006 bumper above (note black reflectors)? But the Chorley site pic has the right bumper with what I guess is their personalised plate instead of the registered number. :wacko:

Thanks Guys - you dont think its an early change over model and they used up spares in the factory?? Well either way its a bit odd - even if it genuine why fit an early bumper unless it is crash damage and the muppets ordered the wrong (older bumper) :dry:

Ok - I think I will walk well past this one - but next time I am passing there I will bob in again and find a suitable sales personage and ask the question.

Thanks everyone :teeth:

PS After yesterday I am defo getting a ragtop though .....was still umming and aring if I should just get the coupe instead which looks drop dead .... and surprisingly more luggage space than I thought? ;)

Stan

Ohh EBIZED just spotted your post while I was typing reply

- recon your right - someone has duffed up the front bumper - infact the shade does'nt quite match which I thought - well this is Nissan paint anyway, my sodding bumper paint does'nt match up perfectly either!

Anyway very long strides well past it , £27K is a lot of cash for this lump.

Wouldnt surprise me if it was fitted with an 03 bumper from the factory.

Ive seen a GT4 fitted with LED rear lights from new (early 05), and we didnt see those lights on the Z's in the UK until well into 2006.

From the links posted previously, it looks like it used to have the proper front end and now it doesnt. Both from Chorley Nissan site, here it is with the original bumper

--28801012-0.jpg

Has anyone spoken to them to see what the real story is? :surrender:

I'd insist that it has the correct bumper fitted and ask why it has been changed.

I am not bothering - if they want to sell a car like that for £27K and probably not tell anyone then what else have they done?

Its only because I am sad and have access to you guys/gals that I asked the question a common or garden punter probably would'nbt have been bothered?

I will ask them only if I am passing by there again sometime - as we said earlier - its either had a bump and its a temp job or they ordered the wrong part ! I am not touching it!

BUT?? If you could use that to knock a few more grand off and you had it checked out for accident damage etc etc .... :p

They had 2x '06 Coupes there also - obviously Zeds are moving slowly compared to the roaring trade in Navaras they had going! Only dealers I have seen more than 1 Zed at any time? :dry: