Rear ended! :(

leebottrill

So, on my way home from work tonight I got shafted up the rear by some old couple. Their car was destroyed, but they were fine. Mine looked okay. The bumper will need replacing etc. I'm just a little worried it might have caused some deeper damage, I'm assuming the garage who take the car check for structure damage? Also being a convertible I'm not sure if it will cause any problems! Ive not had an accident before. Fingers crossed :/

I would be surprised if there wasnt more damage to your car once they get the back bumper off.

I was rear ended once and my entire car was squished up like a concertina. I was thrown back with so much force that the drivers seat ripped clean out of the floorpan. I was only in a little Peugeot 106 mind you. Wasnt a nice experience. What made it even more frustrating is that the other driver was clearly doing a lot more than the 30mph speed limit and yet police said that they wouldnt prosecute him for anything as there "wasnt enough evidence".

Sorry to read you've been rear ended Lee. :thumbdown:

Worth noting though that it can be very common for bumpers nowadays to pop back out after an accident making it look as if there wasn't much damage caused but then when the bumper is removed you'll find a crumpled crash bar or similar structural damage.

Also when you're rear ended depending on the height of the vehicle/s involved it can cause damage to the exhaust system potentially travelling all the way down the length of the vehicle (seen a manifold pulled off block before).

Hopefully it's not too serious but definitely make sure you get it properly checked. Good luck. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...