Rear spoiler installation which 3m tape?

Hayd350

Afternoon chaps,

I've ordered a new rear spoiler this morning and I'm just after a bit of advice ahead of it's arrival.

Firstly, the old lip spoiler will no doubt leave some adhesive residue, what's the best stuff for removing this? Secondly, what's the best

3m tape to use for re fitting the new lip spoiler.

Any advice as always is appreciated.

Cheers.

I can handle the idea of laying tape on but whether i could use something like tiger seal comfortably I'm not sure. I may strip it all down and let the local body shop handle the actual fitting element for me. Don't want to **** up special order carbon after all.

a word of warning, if you use tiger seal get some panel wipe from your local paint suppliers, as tigerseal once its on an set wont come off easy, whilst the tigerseal isnt set you can use paint prep panel wipe to take off the excess an get a nice smooth line

Personally, I wouldn't do it that way: You're then relying on the tape itself to hold the spoiler down, as the TS will only have a very tiny contact patch with the spoiler. Better than tape alone I agree, but the results of a spoiler coming off on the motorway are too scary to contemplate.

A quick squizzle of TS under the spoiler will be infinitely better, as long as you don't go too mad with it then it's very unlikely to spunk out the sides and make a mess.

Personally, I wouldn't do it that way: You're then relying on the tape itself to hold the spoiler down, as the TS will only have a very tiny contact patch with the spoiler. Better than tape alone I agree, but the results of a spoiler coming off on the motorway are too scary to contemplate.

A quick squizzle of TS under the spoiler will be infinitely better, as long as you don't go too mad with it then it's very unlikely to spunk out the sides and make a mess.

Please define 'squizzle'

;)