Should have got MPSS, ...Porsche suffers blowout at over 200Mph

GMballistic

Skip to 1:19 if you can't wait to see what happens. ;)

Source AOL: http://cars.aol.co.uk/2016/09/07/porsche-911-suffers-puncture-at-over-200mph-on-autobahn/?cps=gravity_4785_3521089877736193378

Considering the speed the tyre went at I think the driver was extremely lucky not to bin it especially with the risk of hitting slow moving trucks & other vehicles. Probably Porsche technology saving his butt more than skill but who knows. :)

Where can you legally do 200 MPH on the road, I assume they were road tyres..!

Not sure Pirelli would want to know. Police might though.

He was driving on the Autobahn in Germany so perfectly legal. ;)

My assumption would be that they were road tyres yes & as they're fitted to a very fast Porsche I'd imagine the tyres were probably speed rated for what the car is capable of. I know "Y rated" tyres are for 186Mph+ but I think "ZR rated" are even better although they only state for 150Mph+ so not sure what would be on that Porsche tbh.

Maybe Dan (Ekona) will be along with some better tyre knowledge soon. :teeth:

• Like 1

No-one has any idea what tyres that car was on, or condition, so passing judgement is impossible.

I don't think the tyre manufacturer or the police would give a hoot really, although the control of the car was quite remarkable. Probably luck over anything else!

• Like 2

No-one has any idea what tyres that car was on, or condition, so passing judgement is impossible.

I don't think the tyre manufacturer or the police would give a hoot really, although the control of the car was quite remarkable. Probably luck over anything else!

Well from the video it does say it's a Pirelli tyre but that's as far as they go in the description on Youtube, so yeah no idea on the exact one or the condition you're right Dan.

There was definitely some luck involved but I'd say the fact that the driver stayed relatively calm & didn't slam on the brakes without a doubt made a difference. :thumbs:

What are the rules on using a phone while driving on the Autobahn? :p

Cell phone ban Violation Fine (€) 60 Points 1

Use of cell phone while operating a motor vehicle 60 Euros

Use of cell phone while operating a bicycle 25 Euros.

Edited by Bandit

What are the rules on using a phone while driving on the Autobahn? :p

Cell phone ban Violation Fine (€) 60 Points 1

Use of cell phone while operating a motor vehicle 60 Euros

Use of cell phone while operating a bicycle 25 Euros.

Probably not such a good idea to post a video of yourself on three wheels using one then. :lol:

i was gonna say, he was lucky to have such great control moving at quite some speed with a blow out. Sounds nasty, almost mechanical.