Thinking of putting a deposit on a Ford Focus RS

ATTAK Z

6th gen mustang

Wheelbase : 107.1 in (2,720 mm)

Length : 188.3 in (4,784 mm)

Width : 75.4 in (1,916 mm)

Height : 54.4 in (1,381 mm)

Curb Weight : 3,520–3,800 lb (1,600–1,720 kg)

For comparison, here are a 350z dimensions

Wheelbase : 2,649 mm (104.3 in)

Length : 4,303 mm (169.4 in) (2003-2005)

Facelight Length : 4,314 mm (169.8 in) (2006-2008)

Width : 1,816 mm (71.5 in)

Height : 1,318 mm (51.9 in) (2003-2005)

Curb Weight : 3,188–3,602 lb (1,446–1,634 kg)

So it's a fair bit bigger than what we're used to I guess :(

You're "average car" - A BMW 4 series

Wheelbase : 2,810 mm (110.6 in)

Length : 4,641 mm (182.7 in)

Width : 1,826 mm (71.9 in)

Height : 1,362 mm (53.6 in)

So yes, parking might be a nightmare, especially with the MASSIVE doors and bonnet :(

On the plus side, you might develop a new skill - Looking into the future ( if you ever learn to find the end of the bonnet ;) )

You guys need to stop worrying about the size of these tiny cars, the car I'm waiting on has a width of 2020mm (with the mirrors folded in), and 5032 mm long :).

I was really worried about the size of the mustang, but it very quickly became a non issue.

Don't forget your buying a ford. The service is appalling as a mustang owner. I don't know what I was expecting from them, but as I was ordering their "halo" car at the time I was expecting a bit more.

But when you start a mustang you completely forget it all! And when my Borla Atak arrives my whole village will know about it too

• Like 3

Had the privilege to try most of the modern hot hatches and own one too so feel I'm worthy of chipping in.

I tried a friends new rs when it was in for detailing and im not a focus rs or st fan (tried the mk2 when it was released loved the engine but not much else) I was really impressed, sure the seating position is high, interior abit cheap in places but it drove so well, I liked the steering weight, engine feels torquey only downsides for me being picky were pedal heights for heel and toe (brake is high compared to accelerator so had to go old school side footed) noise isn't a patch on the old one and the clutch felt springy. I couldn't buy one for image I don't think but considering I own a Renaultsport I would take one over the newer meganes, had a mini gtr feel to it.

I also spent sometime detailing it so get to look in depth at a lot of parts and build quality is good apart from all the contamination they get delivered with.

I'd take one over the mustang and I really like American muscle cars.

• Like 1