So.... These :D

Shifty6Speed

On a side note the comment about kerbing is relevant yes but your wheels will be swiss cheese in two years no matter what you do, just accept it as a given our roads are so bad that the lips will look like you've surfed the edges of kerbs your whole life, the laquer will be holed and the bubbles and cloudiness will begin by year 3 you will need a complete refurb even if you've driven like the proverbial saint.

Theroads in the UK SUCK..FACT

On a side note the comment about kerbing is relevant yes but your wheels will be swiss cheese in two years no matter what you do, just accept it as a given our roads are so bad that the lips will look like you've surfed the edges of kerbs your whole life, the laquer will be holed and the bubbles and cloudiness will begin by year 3 you will need a complete refurb even if you've driven like the proverbial saint.

Good job I work in automotive paint and refinishing then isn't it B)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good job I work in automotive paint and refinishing then isn't it B)

Just be prepared.....it's truly heart breaking when as you wash them every week you see the slow drip drip of decline...and garages and tyre fitters should be forced to go on courses of how to remove alloys without breaking lacquer...fummmm

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds like someone has never run genuine wheels. These badboys were on my car for 45K miles over about 3 years (including winters) and were never refurbed:

XmpQ15m.jpg

If you donr go grinding up kerbs every other week and clean them reasonably often theres no reason why they shouldnt last :)

• Like 1

FYI I run Judd Wheels & if they aren't genuine I don't know what is , I also resent the inference that I cant drive or park my car correctly again FYI I have never kerbed my wheels ever but over 2 years of living where I do ( sea front ) and the god awful state of the roads around Chichester they are pretty fubbared also the tyre changes have nibbled all round the wheel nuts.

Oh and one last thing the wheel on the left is nibbled to hell and back as is the one on the right

Deep Breath.....

Edited by bytespc

Hope they dont corrode as fast as mine have 4 months about 300 miles and corrosion coming through the coating on the lip, its been raised with work wheels uk/driftworks who seem to very reactive about the situation and what i mean by that is i have to keep chasing them

14194488_10157672566035508_39056575_n.jpg?oh=cfde9c3d521c46685d52a10afc60d471&oe=57D927FC

13957649_10157558832780508_807545292_n.jpg?oh=00e97a8ec0df1d3835ddea477b80da69&oe=57D8ABCB

14169611_10157672563190508_852821296_n.jpg?oh=00a6f42cb39cd940d5adda166f361099&oe=57D8D6C8

Wheels sealed with poorboys sealant and only washed with warm water as per works instruction sheet

Edited by StevoD

so do i but currently every time i chase i get another question like

what did you clean them with?

have you cleaned them since last time?

What did you use to protect them originally?

Can we have some more pictures?

They have had 2 videos 7 pictures and thanks to your thread i thought i would chase them up today and i got told you only report this on September 1st despite the fact the same stream of messages goes back to august 10th.

im no further forward i keep getting told its being investigated with work japan. But maybe im being cynical but it doesnt half feel like im being palmed off hoping i give up

So im far from amused atm at having a set wheel that cost well over £2000 that have aged worse than a set of rotas

so do i but currently every time i chase i get another question like

what did you clean them with?

have you cleaned them since last time?

What did you use to protect them originally?

Can we have some more pictures?

They have had 2 videos 7 pictures and thanks to your thread i thought i would chase them up today and i got told you only report this on September 1st despite the fact the same stream of messages goes back to august 10th.

im no further forward i keep getting told its being investigated with work japan. But maybe im being cynical but it doesnt half feel like im being palmed off hoping i give up

So im far from amused atm at having a set wheel that cost well over £2000 that have aged worse than a set of rotas

Yep..know that feeling...it's a wheel ffs it should be made to a standard that at least lasts as long as the stock wheels.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hope they dont corrode as fast as mine have 4 months about 300 miles and corrosion coming through the coating on the lip, its been raised with work wheels uk/driftworks who seem to very reactive about the situation and what i mean by that is i have to keep chasing them

14194488_10157672566035508_39056575_n.jpg?oh=cfde9c3d521c46685d52a10afc60d471&oe=57D927FC

13957649_10157558832780508_807545292_n.jpg?oh=00e97a8ec0df1d3835ddea477b80da69&oe=57D8ABCB

14169611_10157672563190508_852821296_n.jpg?oh=00a6f42cb39cd940d5adda166f361099&oe=57D8D6C8

Wheels sealed with poorboys sealant and only washed with warm water as per works instruction sheet

Ouch! Hope they sort it mate :(

FYI I run Judd Wheels & if they aren't genuine I don't know what is , I also resent the inference that I cant drive or park my car correctly again

Hey, you were the guy that made the massive (incorrect) sweeping statement:

your wheels will be swiss cheese in two years no matter what you do,

Im just showing you that what you said isnt correct, the wheels on my BMW and my MR2 are perfect too. If your wheels are "swiss cheese" "no matter what you do" then they were @*!# to start with, sorry.

While Im here I should probably point out that Judd wheels cost about a third what the comparative Rays or Volks would, a set of new 19's for under a grand is not "genuine" money, the set up there cost me about £1800 secondhand.

And the kerbing thats on those up there? Done before I bought them, but not made any worse in the years they were on the car.

DEEP SIGH :lol:

• Like 1