HR Spark plugs ?

slipstream

Always worth remembering that iridium does not equal better than copper core - both perform equally well, coppers just do not last as long. If you are the sort of person who likes to service your own car a fair bit and have no problem switching plugs over every 12 months then coppers are fine and a fraction of the cost.

Always worth remembering that iridium does not equal better than copper core - both perform equally well, coppers just do not last as long. If you are the sort of person who likes to service your own car a fair bit and have no problem switching plugs over every 12 months then coppers are fine and a fraction of the cost.

Only better in as much as they last 5 times as long ;) but no they dont spark any stronger . Changing plugs on the 350z hr and the 370z is a time consuming job , no way i would want to do that every year

• Like 1

Aye fair enough I had the DE. But for a cost of circa £15 vs £60-£100 for two products that do the same thing. Once you have put oil and other consumables on top it does amount to a good saving vs time taken to change over. I think most people on here agree that they service at least once a year, so setting aside time to do the work anyway.

Copper core (so called but all plugs have a copper core) will last 6-12K mils, Platinum will go for maybe 20-30K mls and Iridium will last up to 60K mls.

So its a case of if you into doing your own maintenance, and like to fiddle, :scare: you may as well buy the copper, but if your one to fit and forget, or get someone else to do your maintenance, go for iridium.

Personally i like to know whats going on with my engine....and I'm tight! :lol:

Copper core (so called but all plugs have a copper core) will last 6-12K mils, Platinum will go for maybe 20-30K mls and Iridium will last up to 60K mls.

So its a case of if you into doing your own maintenance, and like to fiddle, :scare: you may as well buy the copper, but if your one to fit and forget, or get someone else to do your maintenance, go for iridium.

Personally i like to know whats going on with my engine....and I'm tight! :lol:

Feck....is that the lifespan of copper plugs :scare: :angry:, wish I'd known that's all their good for, there's bloody 16 plugs in my v8 jeep. Next time I'll be getting platinum ones at least, stuff having to pay the labour charges on that every 6 -12k miles