Locking wheel nut snapped/sheared clean off

Stuggerz

Two options I can think of:

It will have to be drilled out, ...a PITA tbh and if you're not careful doing it then you will damage your alloy wheel as well as your hub.

Other option I can think of is to drill a small hole into the snapped bolt, ...then you will need to either tap the hole to fit a smaller size bolt or use an epoxy to fix a smaller size bolt into the hole which once set you use to unscrew the sheered locking nut.

• Like 1

This happened to mine, I just went down to the local tyre place where they had a nut removal tool (most of them have these) and it was off in 2 seconds as if it was a normal nut. Don't panic it's really easy and not a hassle :lol:

I have more to work with. I can get a pair of pliers to grip the remaing. But havnt got the beans to rotate it. I rotated it a little bit on full hulk mode... but my skeletor arms couldnt generate the power lol

• Like 1

from your first pics it seems that the locking nut has come apart in 2 peices so the nut is still on and not the bolt snapped so it just a case of finding something thatll grip the bit of the nut left.

got a pick of whats left?

Update.

Locking nut off. Pushed a 19mm 12 star socket onto it. Luckily it came off no bother.

The stud on my spacer was too long for the locking nut. Lol

20160729_160930_zpsdwaciehy.jpg

No locking wheel nuts in sight :)

20160729_162444_zpsmqggk610.jpg

Edited by Stuggerz
  • Like 2