iron/rust particles, what product to use ?

neo

Cleaned my Z the other day and noticed a few speckles of iron/rust particles, best removal method i guess is to use a fallout remover if so which one, cheaper the better :blush: ?

Thanks in advance for any replies :teeth:

Both will inflict more marring than remove iron.

Clay will just cut the top off the particals that protrude above the layer of paint and won't actually remove anything imbedded.

T-Cut is a harsh polishing compound so will do a similar job but will remove a few microns of paint whilst at it. Again, it won't remove anything imbedded.

There's no substitute for a fallout remover so either do it properly or don't bother at all, frankly.

• Like 1

I've used both clay bar and clay mit .......... and initially I was very impressed with the mit - the problem is, its almost impossible to see when it needs changing - going back to clay bar next time

Hi guys, after your thoughts. I was cleaning my car the other day and noticed little rust spots also, in my boot shut. Just wondering what you guys thoughts are on it? External specs that rusted or in need of a rub down and a respray? The car has been resprayed over previous colours, can see the grey (original colour) underneath so didn't go to bare metal.

I am wondering if there has been sparks land on it and they have rusted? The paint doesn't seem to of bubbled...

6E8E5E8E-E9D3-43A1-BD11-CA532BC482FB_zpsrp6ru0ru.jpg

09F86F57-F5C8-4F23-9BB1-2253D0BD384E_zpsnnvla60h.jpg

Cheers :)

Bilt Hamber Korrosol.

From Polished Bliss.

[/thread].

received mine yesterday,well packaged and great service from Polished Bliss :thumbs:

if the weather is nice sunday morning then i'll give it a whirl :)

Can i just say that my Z as never been this smooth and clean EVER, well maybe when it was first painted, the bilt hamber korrsol was fanatastic, didn't know there were that many particles :scare:

rinsed off with plenty of water, did a couple of panels at a time, than used the clay mitt, used a full bucket of water with a little gold class shampoo in it for lube, any little particles that were left were soon dealt with :teeth:

rinsed again, dried then polished, the paint was so smooth it was almost unbelievable B) , had a break then hit it with some NXT wax i had left over from my last car :blush:, will need some more wax, any cheapish recommendations ?

the pictures don't really do it justice (nexus 5) but even so it the best it's ever been, need a lay down now :yawn:

post-9-0-00887900-1470572027_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-58049700-1470572041_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-90024100-1470572057_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-54475300-1470572070_thumb.jpg

Always a great feeling when you can see the results of your efforts.

will need some more wax, any cheapish recommendations ?

That'll depend on budget and what you're after. Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax (blue) is cheap as chips, easy to use and smells great. On the other hand with a white car I'd be looking more at sealants (well, coatings personally, but sealants are much easier to use). FinishKare 1000P is pretty damn good, even better when topped with FK pink wax too, on white. That said, this is AM Details AM Seal on flat white;

S0668359_zpsaad2b2ba.jpg

S0588332_zpsd6bb096f.jpg

S0378280_zpsa27a0b0c.jpg

S0368277_zps3078b915.jpg

S0338268_zps9d1bf507.jpg

Comapred to a coating on the same car (albeit in slightly worse lighting)

S0076014_zps97d1b252.jpg

S0191721_zps2479ce69.jpg

S0071679_zps746047fd.jpg

Thanks for the wax ideas :thumbs:

forgot to mention, the korrsol smells nice, like bubble gum :lol:

attached some more pictures, better camera, hard to get photo's of storm white's sparkles B)

post-9-0-71973200-1470579709_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-82721800-1470579823_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-61405800-1470579850_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-83261800-1470579861_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Only Car Chem Revolt - Korrosol came a pretty close second and was head and shoulders ahead of third the placed product though: https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/120778-the-great-condensed-fallout-remover-test/

But, that's tricky to get hold of genuine product these days as Car Chem have replaced it with Iron Detox (I still don't know if that's merely a rebrand or a different recipe though). I'm still testing products from time to time, but I've still not found anything better; https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82410-the-ilogikal1-test-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1853801

Thanks for the info on the newer products 👍

The korrosol i still have is about half full, purchased back in 2016, in your opinion is it safe to use as i don't want it to strip the clearcoat or not do its job if its gone weak :shrug: