Rocket bunny copy now in UK

cov350z

Just doing my usual browse of car parts and seen that knightsracer are now doing a full rocket bunny copy kit for £1000 all in

Or each bit can be brought separate ranging from 100 to 250 depending on part

Not bad and they do make some nice stuff I know they haven't got the best rep on here but is a UK company and says made in UK better than buying from flea bay from China

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3013

• Like 1

I believe there is a link back to a certain character called Rik from the 350z long and distant past...

I have heard more than enough stories of people buying from them and finding poor fitting only then to have lots of trouble getting refunds etc.

• Like 4

Some people on various forums have had fitment issues with various kits and lips spoilers. From what I gather from reading around they tend to make copies of copies so that leaves a big margin for errors to occur. But they are selling a kit that goes for best part of 4grand by the time u get it in UK for only a qaurterof the price

from my experience its not so much the parts but the company long time ago i ordered a lip from them and it took 3 weeks before i cancelled then another 2 weeks to get my money back despite being in 'stock'

turned out the item wasnt in stock and was being made by aerokit 20 minutes from my house they just kept lieing rather than saying the item was being produced and they are more than happy to swear and get aggressive on the phone.

Good companys that dont try and shaft you and lie are getting hard to find these days.

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

A Rocket Bunny replica has been available for around 6 months for about £1600 I think for the whole kit, what's the odd they bought the replica and are making cheap copies of it?

At a grand it sounds like a bargain, but I wouldn't like to be the guy fitting it. Knight racer parts are fine for track or drift cars because they don't need to fit perfect and are probably going to get broken, so cheap and cheerful is best.

• Like 2

That's it people if you want top quality pay for it if your building a track / drift car this is ideal with each bit costing circa 250 it's not a big heart ache to replace if damaged plus if they making them lead times shouldn't be to long for replacement parts.

As for the other rep out on ebay it comes from China is an alibaba special and will cost u more than you think with import tax plus the high risk of transport damage

interesting,I wonder if they actually did it right and bought first a Greddy kit and made replicas or as per above comments bought a replica and made...well...don't know what is the word....

interesting,I wonder if they actually did it right and bought first a Greddy kit and made replicas or as per above comments bought a replica and made...well...don't know what is the word....

Genuine Fake kits?

sign-for-genuine-fake-watches-at-ephesus-turkey-enht5m.jpg

:lol:

but why anyone would put a £1000 kit on a track or drift car is a bit beyond me, unless sponsored or top level competition

Yes its this, its cheap for RB, but why would you put it on a track car? I would pay half that for a common kit that will get battered.

And it will require probably £x worth of fitting/fabrication cost on top of the £1000. Sometimes stuff just doesn't fit at all, when RTP were doing something on my car they showed me some side skirts a member had bought and they were around an inch too short, absolutely no fitting expertise can sort that out really!

• Like 1

but why anyone would put a £1000 kit on a track or drift car is a bit beyond me, unless sponsored or top level competition

Sometimes stuff just doesn't fit at all, when RTP were doing something on my car they showed me some side skirts a member had bought and they were around an inch too short, absolutely no fitting expertise can sort that out really!

They were sorted out in the end, rebuilt by RTP :) (if we're referring to the same car, orange one? :) )

Could well have been, it was a joke though, Taras lined up the part against the car and it was so short it was laughable. Who would copy that then look at the finished product and think 'yeah that works great lets sell em'

Having been on the rx7 forum when a lad bought a knightracer fortune kit and watching the thread from day 1, just no.

https://www.youtube....h?v=tLXuuP8sEhM

After it came out of the above bodyshop, it went to another bodyshop a few months later to start again ;)

Fitting and paint cost him more than the kit and yes, he did buy mania alloys, which he believed to be custom made by inovit in the states.

Edited by Jetpilot

Rough guess, to get the rb kit mentioned fitted and sprayed, your looking at £5k - £6k minimum and thats if it doesnt need major work. Then you need some proper wheels £2k +.

£10k budget would be about right.

• Like 2