tyre decision

nrc

Hello everyone,got to make a decision soon,i am looking at mpss,but is there a good alternative? i have read the forums but i cannot see another reasonable contender at the moment.Thanks.

I looked online at the German tyre tests and as couldn't quite stretch to MPSS went for Hankook Ventus S-1 Evo 2 K117 , got some very high placings in the tests and they seem great so far on the car , was replacing 2 year old MPSS, under £400 for four from Oponeo too

I got the new Vreds and they are very good.

As with most things like tyres/brakes and anything else involved with your personal safety on the road go with what you can realistically afford and dont look for cheap alternatives to save a couple of quid.

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,got to make a decision soon,i am looking at mpss,but is there a good alternative? i have read the forums but i cannot see another reasonable contender at the moment.Thanks.

What tyres do you have on now and how do you rate them?

David

I just put some rainsport 3s on mine, good grip, extremely good in heavy rain, just find them a tad squidgey on the sidewalls, but once your used to it then its all good, take all i throw at them :)

An alternative to MPSS (in the sense that they are tyres as well :D ) that are fairly decent if you're looking at a slightly cheaper alternative are the Falken 453's imo.

Ran them on my old Zed which wasn't standard by any means, was used on track & I never had any issues with the Falkens. Sure MPSS would have been better but for the price the Falken 453 is a good tyre choice imo. ;)

Only had to look at the topic and think....he's in here...he will be...somewhere...Ekona! haha I ran 452's then the 453's, good tyres, but the MPSS aren't that much more if you shop about and they are miles better :thumbs:

thanks everyone,the michelins look favourite at the moment but my tyre man says they have been replaced by pilot sport 3? I have got the tyres i bought it with at the moment,Nankang winter tyres and its very scary in the wet!

PS4 are not replacing the PSS, they're a massive upgrade to the PS3. The PSS continues on its own line, which will become the PSS2 later this year/start of next.

But yes, for god sake do not put the PS3 on, they're awful! PS4 or PSS is a better choice by far.

I have had pirelli PZERO's fitted all round £800 overall. But my God they are superb. They stick like glue. It's actually a task on a hot day to get the back end out. All they want to do is grip.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk