What does it feel when you pushed the car to the limit?

Banz

I have a long-standing offer on here of free driver training at any UK trackday, assuming I'm free and you pay for me as a second driver. More than happy to offer that still if it's of any interest :)

Of if you're local to me, we can meet up and see what we can improve in a road environment?

I'd like this when I have it back on road.

Wheel spin combined with a steering wheel in oversteer is a closest feeling of heavens. Combine that with a 4th gear and entrance to a highway from a country road with 120 mph oversteer my oooo my. Heavens 😊

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Hopefully you're referring to an experience on the autobahn at those speeds...? ;)

Usually on a long motorway drive I can manage 28mpg... however a more spirited drive depending on how aggressive I am, can return a slightly less wallet-pleasing 17mpg :D

^^^ same as me man haha. Best so far is 26mpg motorway driving but since the good weather and driving basicly country roads it been at 15mpg. So been fueling up every second day haha

Country roads 27mpg, motorway 30mpg for me. This is not from the trip computer. I work it out manually when I fill the tank up. The computer reading is less than my real mpg.

Edited by Banz

Wheel spin combined with a steering wheel in oversteer is a closest feeling of heavens. Combine that with a 4th gear and entrance to a highway from a country road with 120 mph oversteer my oooo my. Heavens ðŸ˜

Hopefully you're referring to an experience on the autobahn at those speeds...? ;)

Well almost like autobahn as i live 25km from capital so all surrounding roads are like autobahn and connecting roads to autobhan. So from country road of place i live i have a long right hander to connect on so called autobhan. The one i masterpieced with this 100 mph drift. Funny thing is now to see when car is boosted bikes they see you on they right side coming and they open the throttle in hope that you won't enter in front of them and than you can see in mirror "wtf was this" after i slow down they are passing looking on car and all 😂

If you deliberately initiated a 4th gear, 100mph+ drift on the road and nailed it then you need to start looking at drift competitions - I did 8 odd years and I doubt I could pull that off ...........

Well with twin turbo and 650 bhp combined with Quaife is not much of sience. All that fun which i was doing b4 in 2 gear in NA mode im now doing in 4th gear

Its not much of a science? Drifting at 3 figure speeds is more than science.

Youre a lot more likely to spin with 650hp than with 300hp, doing it on the road makes it even more difficult. Straight up, if youre that good then get into competition.

Its not much of a science? Drifting at 3 figure speeds is more than science.

Youre a lot more likely to spin with 650hp than with 300hp, doing it on the road makes it even more difficult. Straight up, if youre that good then get into competition.

Well i didnt say it was drifting it was a powerslide on long right hander i drive every day. Lane is quite wide. Is not my steering is in oposite lock but im passing it sideways.

I'm a bit in awe of anybody who can get these things out of shape. [/quote)]

Most of it is confidence borne of experience, your average drifter can jump into anything RWD and make it work because he knows he can do it. A day spent at

driftschool and a guarantee youll be able

to do stuff you only dreamed of before, the Zed is very good for it as they are quite predictable and communicative.

That said, the Nordschleife is not the

place to practice, although once your good enough it makes wet days a lot more fun ;)

Quite agree,it can be a huge amount of fun.BUT,I certainly wouldnt advise it until you fully know and understand it.

It takes many laps in all weathers to really get to know it.Z is good for under eights,light flywheel,sport cats on a Japspeed system,is about the sum of mods to the car.The Z is very well suited to the surface changes,gradients etc.Its a matter of staying of the middle pedal and only using it when you need to,and that isnt many times;)

• 3 weeks later...

If you deliberately initiated a 4th gear, 100mph+ drift on the road and nailed it then you need to start looking at drift competitions - I did 8 odd years and I doubt I could pull that off ...........

Or rather needs to be taken off the road for all our sakes...