Lotus Eagle

Kev946

For those that don't knnow, this is due out later in the year and will be a mid engine 4 seater sports car, well in 911 style, i.e. small back seats.

Here's a spy shot and a couple of prototype shorts.

http://autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpre ... eagle.html

http://img.auto.cz/news/img/galleries/2 ... 553da9.jpg

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... n%26sa%3DG

If it looks anything like the spy shots I'd rather get the bus.

I think you will find it is disguised with extra panels stuck on which is pretty normal.

I like the yellow prototype.. :thumbs:

Realise that one. :p

The yellow one is interesting. I'd like to see another side shot of it. The prototype looks poorly proportioned like the R8.

Yellow one looks good but nowhere near as good as the 9 year old M250. Why wasn't that produced :wacko:

It was not produced partially because it was not enginered for the US. I recently went to the Lotus open day (where I got to sse the M250 close-up) and was given a few details by a Lotus employee about the new Eagle project. V6 engine and not much over 1000kgs should make for a fast car. Being a Lotus the handling will be top notch.

it's not unlike a lambo either if you look really quick and then look away again. . .

I thought that. looks a cross bewteen a lambo and an Elise.

yup a love child between a lambo and a elise :teeth:

So £45K over here, let's call it £50K after a few options are chucked in... That's knocking on GT-R money, and I know which one I'd ultimately rather have.

Hardly a comparable car.

Not sure what target market this car is for. I suspect the US is the main market for this car.

I'd say they're comparable in a way, in that neither are going to bought by the man in the street who doesn't know a whole lot about cars. Granted, one's a 2+2 and one's a full saloon, but still they're both cars that go very fast, handle very well (probably, can't see lotus failing on that one) and are going to have iconic status, if they haven't already.

Put it this way: I suspect most of us on here would pick the GT-R over the eagle for that kind of money, and we're all car nuts I'm guessing.

But yeah, overall I will happily concede that they're not direct competitors for each other. I'm daft, but not yet totally stupid. ;)

I'd say they're comparable in a way, in that neither are going to bought by the man in the street who doesn't know a whole lot about cars. Granted, one's a 2+2 and one's a full saloon, but still they're both cars that go very fast, handle very well (probably, can't see lotus failing on that one) and are going to have iconic status, if they haven't already.

Put it this way: I suspect most of us on here would pick the GT-R over the eagle for that kind of money, and we're all car nuts I'm guessing.

But yeah, overall I will happily concede that they're not direct competitors for each other. I'm daft, but not yet totally stupid. ;)

Which on is a saloon? :teeth:

Hmm, looks like the mutant lovechild of a Lambo Gallardo and Ascari A10 :headhurt:

Mmmmmmmmmm Ascari A10. Now that's a car I want. :teeth: (but could never afford).

If I won the lottery that's what I would buy first. Second I'd pay the speeding fine, do a little time and move country as I'd be banned for life.

If it looks like the yellow one it really is a lambo rip-off :headhurt:

They could of course both be styled in the same Italian Design Studio or maybe inspired at least. The first Esprit was a Giugiaro Design and Lotus built on this over the years. Not seer if the Eagle prototypes are inhouse or not but Lotus often look at their past when designing as do all car manufacturers.

The Elise was designed in house and supposed to be inspired by the Ducati 916. They did have Italian design proposals but selected the inhouse design in preference.

They could of course both be styled in the same Italian Design Studio or maybe inspired at least.

so?

Design Studios and Chief Designers often have a style which is recognisable. Car's are styled by individuals not companies.

The Zed was designed by 24 year old Asian Design Student from Leiester, not a bunch of Japanese guys.... :lol: