HELLO

Well, its Sunday morning and I just thought I would do my hello thing seing as I have been using the forum for information on the Z, its only polite...

Im sure I mentioned this on my first post regarding the Sat Nav but I came to the Z by way of an accident, you see, I had a track prepared MG TF, the work being carried out by Dreadnought Garage, Callander, Scotland (great people who know their stuff who also run a team in the BTCC). Our car was a daily driver (ouch) and a regular at track days including Nurburgring, a real fun car to throw about. We loved our little TF and would never got rid of it had it not been for some idiot who pulled out of a junction to the cry "I never saw you", smack, you never saw that either...

So why a Z and not another TF if its so dear to me? Simple really, the TF was a Touge monster, A and B roads, anything twisty (standard Elise, S2000 etc, bye bye) it was well sorted but on track while it could embarass a few in the braking zones and cornered well, it was seriously underpowered. I had a hankering for the big Z for a whyle but I would never get rid of the TF (a supercharger was to be fitted this summer to take care of the power issue), that side of the decision was simply taken out of my hands...

Having been driving the Z for a bit now, the toys and creature comforts, thats what I have been missing...

Anyway, a bit long winded hello but there we go...

PS... Its a bit of a beast in the wet, no?

Hi Chum, :thumbs:

yes it is a beast in the wet :lol: especially if your on the standard fit Bridgestones

If you get to see Lomoto using his car you'll understand why - anything under 6k rpm is not his way in fact his right foot is so heavy he has to put the car away for the winter as no tyre would keep him on the road :p

Wow... What a huge response... Cheers guys... :thumbs:

I think thats one of the whole reasons for the Z, I dont have to do anything to it, I intend to just enjoy it... Yes I will make sure braided lines, good Mintex pads and fluid as well as a set of Avon ZZ's but... Well we will see, time to get to know her first...

I will have her on track, after all thats the only sensible place to drive these cars properly, just dont tell the wife... :teeth:

Wow... What a huge response... Cheers guys... :thumbs:

I think thats one of the whole reasons for the Z, I dont have to do anything to it, I intend to just enjoy it... Yes I will make sure braided lines, good Mintex pads and fluid as well as a set of Avon ZZ's but... Well we will see, time to get to know her first...

I will have her on track, after all thats the only sensible place to drive these cars properly, just dont tell the wife... :teeth:

I think you will find that Pilot Sports are the preferred choce for the Zed. :thumbs:

Pix to follow, both need nice clean ones and then work out how to post them, will do tommorrow...

Tyre wise, I have a thing with Avon and they have been good with me, the ZZ3 is a good tyre for street use and works well on the track if a little soft of compound but tyre presures play a big part in getting the best out of any setup, im confident they will work with the Z, the wear rate I think will be the only problem, I will post me findings... Here endeth the Avon ad... :D

Pix to follow, both need nice clean ones and then work out how to post them, will do tommorrow...

Tyre wise, I have a thing with Avon and they have been good with me, the ZZ3 is a good tyre for street use and works well on the track if a little soft of compound but tyre presures play a big part in getting the best out of any setup, im confident they will work with the Z, the wear rate I think will be the only problem, I will post me findings... Here endeth the Avon ad... :D

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=196 ;)

Most excelent tool...

[/url]

I have just had the pasenger window fixed as it seems to have lost its memory and was dropping an inch or two on full power up, all ok now...

RE the sat nav, yea, what a waste... I have ordered a power supply and a touch screen, just need to get the PC and downsize it, Robert from Caledonia Auto Electrix (thats a plug) will sort out the installation...

The plug for the GPS reciever I will have to look for as well as the connector (if there is one) for the little dash controls, a blank plate would probably be best though...