Japanese Performance Show - 21st Aug.

14N

Great to see you Andy and Ian, Ian the car looked great, a nice manly purple.

I think the show was a great concept but was a disappointment, we left after 1 hr. We had a 8hr round trip. 1.5k on Facebook to attend, there wasn't more than 200 cars, no 370z's and only 3 trade stands, I expected more from a magazine hosting a show like the maxpower days at the NEC.

Looking forward to forge on 2 weeks with z back on the road.

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

WOW! What a show!

A big THANK YOU to everyone that made the trip and came along today, For once, the show was within an hour from me, so felt like a local event :lol: . I know some of you travelled quite some distance to attend today and it's very much appreciated.

Good to see you again Lee; sorry you couldn't make it in the '70 (we needed 370Z representation on our stand) and I'm sorry you felt it was a disappointment. It was the first Japanese Performance Show and traders are often nervous to dip their toe to these events for the first one. I do agree it would have been nice to have seen a few more trade stands though. Footfall is never expected to hit the quoted numbers on Facebook, and even with 15 spaces booked and paid for on our own club stand, we only had 11 cars. I think there were many more than 200 cars, but they were swallowed by the vast area that the show hall(s) covered.

But, what there may have been lacking in quantity, was certainly made up for with the outstanding quality of cars on display. Personally I felt it was a brilliant show, and I'd even say (for cars on display) probably the best I've been to so far this year. I did feel the need to keep revisiting the show and shine hall to take another look around, often spotting something I'd missed on the previous visit. For example; I must of walked past the Missubishi Evo parked behind the stunning blue R34 a number of times before I noticed the single seat in the centre of the car (like a Mclaren F1) - the engineering involved was breathtaking. There really were so many well presented and jaw droppingly gorgeous (and inspirational) cars in the S&S that I gave up taking photos. :lol: Plus Davey_83 had his camera, so I knew that box would be ticked :thumbs::lol:

And only one R35 GTR. I think every other one in the country is still at Rockingham :lol:

• Like 4

Great to meet you guys for the first time. Was some cracking cars there. Just needed some more trade stands. Cant remember any names apart from Ian for giving me a fiver, Dave for filling his 500GB SD card with photos and (shezza) cant remember proper name for letting me know my car is allowed to be less shiny than his because its ibisu black not kuro black. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Like 2

Thanks for organising this Ian as it turned out to be a great show?

Well organised staff on entry,loads of room indoors for the car clubs,decent food,fantastic arena for the show and shine and even a mobile rolling road dyno to give the guys a chance to get power graph for their car.

It would have been better if more public and trade stands were in attendance but it did show that the Jap scene has depth and quality second to none.

Some pics in the poseurs arena! Lol.

I have to say the red Supra was simply stunning.96cc0bd4044a7e804a5e771161fc5fa5_zps01m97opp.jpg

511792bb12744b878b6f64db911d9bc7_zpsjckmqzvf.jpg

3efbc15d8b23812486a85fd0b7bd8c2a_zpsi3hawzpl.jpg

0a39d1daa924f2dfc63c18f7a461dea4_zpsot5scnzn.jpg

05b60f87f1286e1dccc798119063904c_zpsnz1ycskh.jpg

ce684906e307eab64fb44eb9c72b517c_zpss6mpl29h.jpg

10efee39894f81030a2983ce9e8eff01_zps7fvzorpo.jpg

297db0704340adc4c6ed96e750d5511b_zpsir7scu3i.jpg

• Like 3

Great to meet you guys for the first time. Was some cracking cars there. Just needed some more trade stands. Cant remember any names apart from Ian for giving me a fiver, Dave for filling his 500GB SD card with photos and (shezza) cant remember proper name for letting me know my car is allowed to be less shiny than his because its ibisu black not kuro black. í ½í±í ¼í¿»

haha great chatting with you too, your HR is simple awsome - tones of upgrades under the skin.

LOL 1TB card infact

David

im gutted like 80% of footage i shot yesterday isnt overly usable i think i tried to squeeze the ISO to low and with the matt black walls my footage suffered :(

Yea i was suffering majorly too in the main hall, flood lights, bright floors and black walls LOL lens didnt know if it was comng or going haha

other Zeds on the day............

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

Zed elite

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg