Interior questions

bladerunner

Hi folks, just picked up my Zed tonight (pics will follow soon )

I have been sitting familiarising myself with the switches and things and i have come across an illuminated switch next to the traction control button and i have no idea what this switch is for, also am i right in thinking that the centre cubby lid is meant to retract into the dash? what would cause this lid to just go to the open position and stay there..............Do i need to give some gentle persuasion or should it retract under its own steam?? Can you fantastic people give me the answers.

I have a retractable cubby lid on my 2004 jdm import, worked fine but has now started to stick halfway and not retract into dash, left it for while, pressed button and it went back down to cover satnav again, not got round to sorting yet, did post this and member said that metal spring can detach and a guide to fix on here but cannot find guide if anyone has link?

Earlier models had a cubby that just opened. Later models had the retractable lid. Can't remember if it was from the rev up or HR model

I have HR and fairly sure the lid isn't retractable. I might have to go out and check now though. JetSet normally knows this sort of thing

I thought the retractable cubbies were to hide the sat nav screen on DE models? The later HR sat nav was open with no lid similar to that of the 370. HR cubbies with no sat nav have standard hinged lids. Unless like John snow, i know nothing.

Revup retracted in, 100%.

Mine doesn't :(

Neither does mine.

My mates 05 Import had a retractable one though.

Are there any differences between hard top and soft top?

Edited by nanook

A retractable lid would make trying to fit a sat nav or other screen in the cubby more appealing. I'm still not decided on what I want to do in mine, really don't want to lose the steering wheel phone controls and voice activated calling etc which seems to be the case with after market HU.

The other button I think is for the headlight washer it sprayes a jet of water onto headlights but I'm sure I think the lights have to be on before they will work.

This is correct, as well as lights on, the washer fluid reservoir needs to be about 70-80% full for the sensor to activate.

• Like 1

A retractable lid would make trying to fit a sat nav or other screen in the cubby more appealing. I'm still not decided on what I want to do in mine, really don't want to lose the steering wheel phone controls and voice activated calling etc which seems to be the case with after market HU.

You can buy a second harness to keep the steering wheel controls :thumbs:

I have seen this, I was under the impression that whilst this didn't render the steering wheel controls useless it was the case that the answer and dial buttons did not work for the same purpose any longer, normally being used for a source change or similar. Would handsfree still use the built-in microphone or require one with the HU?

I have seen this, I was under the impression that whilst this didn't render the steering wheel controls useless it was the case that the answer and dial buttons did not work for the same purpose any longer, normally being used for a source change or similar. Would handsfree still use the built-in microphone or require one with the HU?

Usually the phone functions won't work and the inbuilt mic will be useless, but your new HU should come with one.

My HU had a suite of options that allowed me to reallocate the steering controls; my phone button brings up the phone option when my phone is linked. I don't know if I did anything with the speech button, but yes you can usually change their function to whatever you want. Obviously do some research to make sure you get the correct harness for your particular setup (type of original radio, type of new HU, year of car etc.)

The HU will probably come with its own mic, but if it doesn't then another wouldn't cost much at all.