Demon-Tweeks

Ceejay29

Just a heads up for those who are considering purchasing parts/items through Demon-Tweeks (who I believed to be a reputable dealer). I ordered a set of coilovers from them over six weeks ago and was promised dispatch and delivery within 10 working days. This was extended by two weeks, which I accepted. Disappointed to reveal that I still haven't taken delivery despite a number of promises. Customer service are also impossible to get hold of. It would appear that I am not the only one experiencing issues;

https://www.facebook.com/DemonTweeks/reviews/

Make sure to confirm stock over the telephone before ordering :thumbs:

I've ordered plenty of things from Demon Tweeks starting way back in the late 90's & as recently as last year but I've never had any problems, ...surprised to read all the problems customers are having with them tbh.

Hope they buck their ideas up. :dry: Good luck getting your parts. ;)

• Like 1

I've never had any issues but then I'm only 20 minutes away and am able to pop in.

I did have to order wheels a few years back which were an order item and they kept me up to date, the only issue I had with that order was the workshop booking as i booked 4 wheel alignment along with the wheel fitting and it took 4 hours eve though they said they could do it in my lunch hour.

This was around 5 years ago though.

In this case isn't this more to do with the company that make the parts rather than the middle man so to speak ?

Like MeisterR had about a 12 week wait on their group buy, and I've seen Bilstein also had a big waiting time last year for their B6/8 shocks (I had to wait about 8 weeks).

I ordered a set of coilovers at a competitive price. Yes I am very surprised to be experiencing issues with Demon-tweeks. It is rather annoying, and considering their recent feedback, I felt obliged to notify potential customers/fellow zedders on here. Appears to be a regular occurrence.

I accept that they are a 'middleman', although they do have a duty to abide by their terms and to surely review their lead times against those of their suppliers. Despite recent correspondence, Demon-tweeks still fail to update their delivery estimation of 10 days. It is misleading.

I accept that they are a 'middleman', although they do have a duty to abide by their terms and to surely review their lead times against those of their suppliers. Despite recent correspondence, Demon-tweeks still fail to update their delivery estimation of 10 days. It is misleading.

Well that might be the normal 10 days when the manufacturer has them in stock and sends them to DT, then to you.

If the manufacturer is giving them the run around what are they meant to do ?

It's always worth asking if stuff like this is actually in stock, and if not what is the likely lead time on it.

If the manufacturer is giving them the run around what are they meant to do?

I would have thought that there were contractual obligations and clauses in place to prevent this from happening and in such events mediation would occur in order to compensate parties.

What coilovers did you order? Who at DT did you speak to when you rang them?

Tein Monosports Dan.

I have spoken with an Adam over email and another chap, maybe Craig, over the telephone.

I understand the problem DT face, would just appreciate transparency.

Edited by Ceejay29
  • Like 1