Quick Question

SiriusProjects

I'd like to buy a set of decent directional tyres for my zed. But whenever I look for any online, I find a nice looking 225/45/18 for the front, but annoyingly the company who do them then don't do a 245/45/18 with the same tread pattern.

Can anyone give me some recommendations for directional tyres that are available in both sizes?

Thanks.

I had directional tyres on my mk4 Toyota Supra and I just found them a lot more response and grippy. I find with the tyres I currently have, that the car feels a bit wayward, if you know what I mean. A little more steering correction is needed and my zed tends to feel a bit light in the corners. There no sense that the tyres are gripping well making me a bit more cautious.

The tyres I currently have are NEXEN's. The reason for getting them was down to budget. I was out of work and didn't have a lot of cash to spare. Plus my local tyre centre did give me a good deal, so couldn't really say no at the time.

I suppose everyone has their own opinions on these things. Personally I had a great experience with directionals on my supra. To me the car just felt a lot more responsive. Plus for me, and it's a minor thing, I just like the look of directional tyres.

Michelin pilot super sport are amazing. Lots of grip wet or dry.

136 quid fronts, 132 quid rears.

Many people on here say it's the best tyre for the 350Z. I know I love my MPSS.

My Z is turbo and 430bhp and they handle the power well.

I used to have Nexxen on front. Decent but nowhere near the performance of the MPSS.

Nexen:

Screenshot_2016-04-23-01-45-27_zpspzzl6jri.png

Michelin:

Screenshot_2016-04-23-01-40-39_zpscjptpqr7.png

Edited by TT350

Directional tyres do look good but the industry for passenger cars has moved away from this design hence your issue in finding the type you want. Compare the old Goodyear Eagle f1's to the current ones and see what I mean.

By the best tyres you can afford and check the reviews and you'll be fine. Ultimately you can bin any car on any tyres if you drive like a dick.

I personally love a nice looking sidewall and the yokohama parada spec2's were my fav in my fwd days purely on looks.

Thank all,

I appreciate all the advise and feedback.

When it comes down to it, it's just my own personal preference. For me styling wise, I just prefer directional tyres. Yeah I am interested in performance to a degree, but I have always had a bigger interest in styling.